Skype founders Niklas Zennström and Janus Friis were told their case against Skype-owner eBay had to be conducted in the English courts on the day that they later agreed a compromise with eBay. Zennström and Friis founded the internet telephony company in 2003 and in 2005 sold it to internet auction firm eBay, which announced …
Now THAT is what you call.....
Lucky !! Good that they managed to settle before the decision. Reminds me of when I won a claim by relying on Case law that was infact overturned that same week but luckily not reported, phew...
Failed forum shopping
What is not discussed here is that Joltid presumably felt their chances of success - or more likely the size of any potential award - were greater in a Californian court.
Silver Lake = Vultures
And we're not talking nice El Reg vultures!
- Infosec geniuses hack a Canon PRINTER and install DOOM
- Boffins say they've got Lithium batteries the wrong way around
- Phones 4u slips into administration after EE cuts ties with Brit mobe retailer
- In a spin: Samsung accuses LG exec of washing machine SABOTAGE
- Game Theory Half a BILLION in the making: Bungie's Destiny reviewed