Skype founders Niklas Zennström and Janus Friis were told their case against Skype-owner eBay had to be conducted in the English courts on the day that they later agreed a compromise with eBay. Zennström and Friis founded the internet telephony company in 2003 and in 2005 sold it to internet auction firm eBay, which announced …
Now THAT is what you call.....
Lucky !! Good that they managed to settle before the decision. Reminds me of when I won a claim by relying on Case law that was infact overturned that same week but luckily not reported, phew...
Failed forum shopping
What is not discussed here is that Joltid presumably felt their chances of success - or more likely the size of any potential award - were greater in a Californian court.
Silver Lake = Vultures
And we're not talking nice El Reg vultures!
- iPad? More like iFAD: We reveal why Apple ran off to IBM
- +Analysis Microsoft: We're making ONE TRUE WINDOWS to rule us all
- Climate: 'An excuse for tax hikes', scientists 'don't know what they're talking about'
- Analysis Nadella: Apps must run on ALL WINDOWS – PCs, slabs and mobes
- Yorkshire cops fail to grasp principle behind BT Fon Wi-Fi network