Skype founders Niklas Zennström and Janus Friis were told their case against Skype-owner eBay had to be conducted in the English courts on the day that they later agreed a compromise with eBay. Zennström and Friis founded the internet telephony company in 2003 and in 2005 sold it to internet auction firm eBay, which announced …
Now THAT is what you call.....
Lucky !! Good that they managed to settle before the decision. Reminds me of when I won a claim by relying on Case law that was infact overturned that same week but luckily not reported, phew...
Failed forum shopping
What is not discussed here is that Joltid presumably felt their chances of success - or more likely the size of any potential award - were greater in a Californian court.
Silver Lake = Vultures
And we're not talking nice El Reg vultures!
- Just TWO climate committee MPs contradict IPCC: The two with SCIENCE degrees
- 14 antivirus apps found to have security problems
- Feature Scotland's BIG question: Will independence cost me my broadband?
- Apple winks at parents: C'mon, get your kid a tweaked Macbook Pro
- FTC to mobile carriers: If you could stop text scammers being jerks that'd be just great