This week we asked you a number of questions around whether you have any immediate plans to change your server estates, who influences any such changes and how you dispose of your old kit. Your answers reveal a wide range of options are under consideration. Most popular response to the question “what are you planning to do with …
"But at least the lessons about data loss reported so heavily in the media over the past few years, appear to have been learned."
I've been shredding data long before those data losses occurred and I wasn't alone in this practice 'back in the day. I think as sysadmins, we are on the forefront of data protection. Those data losses from my recollection for the most part were done by Joe Six pack who doesn't have a clue about data security.
- 'Windows 9' LEAK: Microsoft's playing catchup with Linux
- Infosec geniuses hack a Canon PRINTER and install DOOM
- Game Theory Half a BILLION in the making: Bungie's Destiny reviewed
- Review A SCORCHIO fatboy SSD: Samsung SSD850 PRO 3D V-NAND
- Was Earth once covered in HELLFIRE? No – more like a wet Sunday night in Iceland