WAN optimiser Riverbed has announced virtual Steelhead for the cloud and a way to speed up iSCSI data traffic. Riverbed's Steelhead is a physical appliance that sites inline at the entry/exit port to a data centre and speeds wide area network (WAN) traffic to and from the data centre. It co-operates with another Steelhead at the …
Having years of personal experience with Riverbed and other vendors in the space, I can't believe they're still trying to make the outrageous and unfounded claims of bandwidth and latency savings that they are. They might as well claim to accelerate the speed of light while their at it.
Riverbed has been pretty lost for the last two years since no one decided to buy them, which was all they were hoping for in the beginning. Epic fail.
Captain Scoff may eat his words
This is actually pretty exciting stuff. There will be some merit in the announcement and it will be interesting to see numbers once people start using it. Even if only a small part of the full announcement is 100% accurate, it will be worth it.
- 'Windows 9' LEAK: Microsoft's playing catchup with Linux
- Game Theory Half a BILLION in the making: Bungie's Destiny reviewed
- Review A SCORCHIO fatboy SSD: Samsung SSD850 PRO 3D V-NAND
- Was Earth once covered in HELLFIRE? No – more like a wet Sunday night in Iceland
- Every billionaire needs a PANZER TANK, right? STOP THERE, Paul Allen