WAN optimiser Riverbed has announced virtual Steelhead for the cloud and a way to speed up iSCSI data traffic. Riverbed's Steelhead is a physical appliance that sites inline at the entry/exit port to a data centre and speeds wide area network (WAN) traffic to and from the data centre. It co-operates with another Steelhead at the …
Having years of personal experience with Riverbed and other vendors in the space, I can't believe they're still trying to make the outrageous and unfounded claims of bandwidth and latency savings that they are. They might as well claim to accelerate the speed of light while their at it.
Riverbed has been pretty lost for the last two years since no one decided to buy them, which was all they were hoping for in the beginning. Epic fail.
Captain Scoff may eat his words
This is actually pretty exciting stuff. There will be some merit in the announcement and it will be interesting to see numbers once people start using it. Even if only a small part of the full announcement is 100% accurate, it will be worth it.
- Vid Antarctic ice THICKER than first feared – penguin-bot boffins
- Hi-torque tank engines: EXTREME car hacking with The Register
- Review What's MISSING on Amazon Fire Phone... and why it WON'T set the world alight
- Product round-up Trousers down for six of the best affordable Androids
- Antique Code Show World of Warcraft then and now: From Orcs and Humans to Warlords of Draenor