Whether to build or buy, that is the question? Well, it is for many when it comes to business applications. It's a topic on which we asked for your feedback as part of our latest workshop, and over 100 of you came back with your views on it. So what did we learn? Firstly, the drivers for going down the ’buy’ rather than ‘build’ …
"Some vendors abusing their position"
I'm a little hazy on this market.
Is that code for Microsoft, SAP, Oracle Applications or Computer Associates?
Note that historically when people have said they are bespoke shops they actually mean accounts package + bespoke app.
Accounts packages have been available on all major platforms for a *very* long time.
- Tricked by satire? Get all your news from Facebook? You're in luck, dummy
- Google straps on Jetpac: An app to find hipsters, women in foreign cities
- Updated Microsoft Azure goes TITSUP (Total Inability To Support Usual Performance)
- The Return of BSOD: Does ANYONE trust Microsoft patches?
- Munich considers dumping Linux for ... GULP ... Windows!