Whether to build or buy, that is the question? Well, it is for many when it comes to business applications. It's a topic on which we asked for your feedback as part of our latest workshop, and over 100 of you came back with your views on it. So what did we learn? Firstly, the drivers for going down the ’buy’ rather than ‘build’ …
"Some vendors abusing their position"
I'm a little hazy on this market.
Is that code for Microsoft, SAP, Oracle Applications or Computer Associates?
Note that historically when people have said they are bespoke shops they actually mean accounts package + bespoke app.
Accounts packages have been available on all major platforms for a *very* long time.
- Product round-up Ten excellent FREE PC apps to brighten your Windows
- Hi-torque tank engines: EXTREME car hacking with The Register
- Review What's MISSING on Amazon Fire Phone... and why it WON'T set the world alight
- Product round-up Trousers down for six of the best affordable Androids
- Why did it take antivirus giants YEARS to drill into super-scary Regin? Symantec responds...