The Federal Aviation Administration has blamed a computer glitch for flight delays across the US today. Flight plans which are normally entered onto the system automatically are not being loaded. A spokeswoman for the FAA told the Register: "We're experiencing a system wide outage. It started at 5.06am and we're still working …
CNN are saying it's fixed now, and that safety wasn't affected http://edition.cnn.com/2009/TRAVEL/11/19/travel.glitch/index.html
Not the first time...
Computer problems caused hours of delays on Trans Atlantic flights mid / end of October also. I know because our flight back from Florida was 8 hours delayed. :-(
A worrying trend.
- NASA boffin: RIDDLE of odd BULGE FOUND on MOON is SOLVED
- Microsoft's Euro cloud darkens: US FEDS can dig into foreign servers
- Pic 7 AMAZING experiments set for Mars Rover 2020 – including oxygen generation
- Worstall on Wednesday YES, iPhones ARE getting slower with each new release of iOS
- Plug and PREY: Hackers reprogram USB drives to silently infect PCs