The Federal Aviation Administration has blamed a computer glitch for flight delays across the US today. Flight plans which are normally entered onto the system automatically are not being loaded. A spokeswoman for the FAA told the Register: "We're experiencing a system wide outage. It started at 5.06am and we're still working …
CNN are saying it's fixed now, and that safety wasn't affected http://edition.cnn.com/2009/TRAVEL/11/19/travel.glitch/index.html
Not the first time...
Computer problems caused hours of delays on Trans Atlantic flights mid / end of October also. I know because our flight back from Florida was 8 hours delayed. :-(
A worrying trend.
- Product round-up Six of the best gaming keyboard and mouse combos
- China building SUPERSONIC SUBMARINE that travels in a BUBBLE
- Boffins attempt to prove the UNIVERSE IS JUST A HOLOGRAM
- Review Raspberry Pi B+: PHWOAR, get a load of those pins
- Linux turns 23 and Linus Torvalds celebrates as only he can