The Federal Aviation Administration has blamed a computer glitch for flight delays across the US today. Flight plans which are normally entered onto the system automatically are not being loaded. A spokeswoman for the FAA told the Register: "We're experiencing a system wide outage. It started at 5.06am and we're still working …
CNN are saying it's fixed now, and that safety wasn't affected http://edition.cnn.com/2009/TRAVEL/11/19/travel.glitch/index.html
Not the first time...
Computer problems caused hours of delays on Trans Atlantic flights mid / end of October also. I know because our flight back from Florida was 8 hours delayed. :-(
A worrying trend.
- Xmas Round-up Ghosts of Christmas Past: Ten tech treats from yesteryear
- Special Report How Britain could have invented the iPhone: And how the Quangocracy cocked it up
- Analysis Microsoft's licence riddles give Linux and pals a free ride to virtual domination
- Massive! Yahoo! Mail! outage! going! on! FOURTH! straight! day!
- Bring it on, stream biz Aereo tells TV barons – see you in Supreme Court