The Federal Aviation Administration has blamed a computer glitch for flight delays across the US today. Flight plans which are normally entered onto the system automatically are not being loaded. A spokeswoman for the FAA told the Register: "We're experiencing a system wide outage. It started at 5.06am and we're still working …
CNN are saying it's fixed now, and that safety wasn't affected http://edition.cnn.com/2009/TRAVEL/11/19/travel.glitch/index.html
Not the first time...
Computer problems caused hours of delays on Trans Atlantic flights mid / end of October also. I know because our flight back from Florida was 8 hours delayed. :-(
A worrying trend.
- JLaw, Kate Upton exposed in celeb nude pics hack
- Google flushes out users of old browsers by serving up CLUNKY, AGED version of search
- GCHQ protesters stick it to British spooks ... by drinking urine
- China: You, Microsoft. Office-Windows 'compatibility'. You have 20 days to explain
- Something for the Weekend, Sir? If you think 3D printing is just firing blanks, just you wait