The Federal Aviation Administration has blamed a computer glitch for flight delays across the US today. Flight plans which are normally entered onto the system automatically are not being loaded. A spokeswoman for the FAA told the Register: "We're experiencing a system wide outage. It started at 5.06am and we're still working …
CNN are saying it's fixed now, and that safety wasn't affected http://edition.cnn.com/2009/TRAVEL/11/19/travel.glitch/index.html
Not the first time...
Computer problems caused hours of delays on Trans Atlantic flights mid / end of October also. I know because our flight back from Florida was 8 hours delayed. :-(
A worrying trend.
- Vid Reg bloke zips through an iPHONE 6 queue from ZERO to 60 SECONDS
- Anal-ysis Buying memory in the iPhone 6: Like wiping your bottom with dollar bills
- Teardown Pop open this iPhone 6 and see where the magic oozes from ... oh hello again, Qualcomm
- Competition Your chance to WIN the WORLD'S ONLY HANDHELD ZX SPECTRUM
- Analysis Apple's warrant canary riddle: Cock-up, conspiracy, or anti-Google point-scoring