What is the best way to protect your laptop or smartphone? By covering them in bubble wrap? Or by restricting their use only to well-padded areas? No. A hi-tech Silly Putty is your best bet, according to manufacturer Tech21. d3o_02 D3O in its raw, stretchy form Tech21 last night launched its range of smartphone and laptop …
You could use custard, flour and water or indeed any non-Newtonian liquid.
Dragons' Den graduate
This was a contender on the show and he got backing from one of them, can't remember who though!
@ Dafydd Lawrence
The inventor received backing from Peter Jones and Theo Paphitis.
Not quite but sort of...
Tech21 exclusively license the use of d3o for mobile/laptop cases from d3o Labs - the inventor of the putty stuff. Tech21 have done nothing more than put it into cases. So, whilst they may have invented the case, they didn't invent the actual putty stuff - d3o.
Surely something that hardens transmitting the shock into the device is not as good as something that stays soft and deforms diffusing any shock wave? Sounds like a badly thought out gimmick to me...
- 'Kim Kardashian snaps naked selfies with a BLACKBERRY'. *Twitterati gasps*
- Review Apple iPhone 6: Looking good, slim. How about... oh, your battery died
- Crawling from the Wreckage THE DEATH OF ECONOMICS: Aircraft design vs flat-lining financial models
- +Comment EMC, HP blockbuster 'merger' shocker comes a cropper
- Moon landing was real and WE CAN PROVE IT, says Nvidia