What is the best way to protect your laptop or smartphone? By covering them in bubble wrap? Or by restricting their use only to well-padded areas? No. A hi-tech Silly Putty is your best bet, according to manufacturer Tech21. d3o_02 D3O in its raw, stretchy form Tech21 last night launched its range of smartphone and laptop …
You could use custard, flour and water or indeed any non-Newtonian liquid.
Dragons' Den graduate
This was a contender on the show and he got backing from one of them, can't remember who though!
@ Dafydd Lawrence
The inventor received backing from Peter Jones and Theo Paphitis.
Not quite but sort of...
Tech21 exclusively license the use of d3o for mobile/laptop cases from d3o Labs - the inventor of the putty stuff. Tech21 have done nothing more than put it into cases. So, whilst they may have invented the case, they didn't invent the actual putty stuff - d3o.
Surely something that hardens transmitting the shock into the device is not as good as something that stays soft and deforms diffusing any shock wave? Sounds like a badly thought out gimmick to me...
- Review Ubuntu 14.04 LTS: Great changes, but sssh don't mention the...
- Asteroids as powerful as NUCLEAR BOMBS hit Earth TWICE A YEAR
- Vid CEO Tim Cook sweeps Apple's inconvenient truths under a solar panel
- Got Windows 8.1 Update yet? Get ready for YET ANOTHER ONE – rumor
- HTC mulls swoop for Nokia's MASSIVE Chennai plant