Feeds

back to article Google remaps Earth for iPhone

Google has released a major update to its Google Earth iPhone app, boosting it a full point to 2.0. Let's hope, however, that a version 2.0.1 will soon squash the bugs we dug up when we loaded the new Google Earth onto our iPhone 3GS and took it for a spin. On the plus side, version 2.0 contains all of the fun and functionality …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
FAIL

Google and Iphone in one?

What could possible go wrong...

Anonymous Coward

Comparison to Andriod 2

How does this compare to the turn by turn maps feature in Andriod 2 ? I guess Google are favouring their own OS rather than playing with a straight bat...

Where is the Goole are Evil icon ?

DJV
FAIL

GE 2.0

Did Google buy their route algorithm from Microsoft? It's about as accurate as the Tube lines on the Bing map where the stations are (just about) in the right place but the lines bear no resemblence to reality - example, check out the Piccadilly line between Acton Town and Hammersmith.

Alert

lads, your review is of your problems with Google Maps on a desktop, not Google Earth 2.0 for iPhone

Lads, your review is of your problems with Google Maps on a desktop, not Google Earth 2.0 for iPhone.

Most of the problems you describe above are with My Maps on your desktop. I take it you're new to this feature, and perhaps have an option like "follow roads" enabled.

I use My Maps all the time for directions and MTBing and find it great. The fact that Google Earth can now use these maps is great. I used to use http://my-maps.appspot.com/maps with Google Maps for iPhone, but it requires you to copy/paste the map link every time you make an update.

Silver badge

Ummm...

So you need turn by turn navigation to walk from A to B in a city built on a grid system?

Hell guys, you should be able to do that yourself with nothing more than long/lat!

Come test it in London, whilst driving, and could you avoid the congestion charge area too.

This topic is closed for new posts.