AOL has asked 2,500 workers to volunteer for redundancy packages at the ailing web firm. The company currently employs 6,900 staff. AOL hopes that enough volunteers will step forward otherwise layoffs will follow, it said. The firm’s owner Time Warner plans to set AOL adrift next month. It’s told employees that the voluntary …
The entire company is already redundant.
Outsourcing has gone completely barking
However, learning a second language is always useful and it gives me a oppurtunity to practice my Hindi with a real person in the sub-continent call center that is India and yes this really does freak them out. Yet very useful for conveying technical problems so that nothing is lost in translation.
- Vid Hubble 'scope snaps 200,000-ton chunky crumble conundrum
- Bugger the jetpack, where's my 21st-century Psion?
- Windows 8.1 Update 1 spewed online a MONTH early – by Microsoft
- Google offers up its own Googlers in cloud channel chumship trawl
- Interview Global Warming IS REAL, argues sceptic mathematician - it just isn't THERMAGEDDON