AOL has asked 2,500 workers to volunteer for redundancy packages at the ailing web firm. The company currently employs 6,900 staff. AOL hopes that enough volunteers will step forward otherwise layoffs will follow, it said. The firm’s owner Time Warner plans to set AOL adrift next month. It’s told employees that the voluntary …
The entire company is already redundant.
Outsourcing has gone completely barking
However, learning a second language is always useful and it gives me a oppurtunity to practice my Hindi with a real person in the sub-continent call center that is India and yes this really does freak them out. Yet very useful for conveying technical problems so that nothing is lost in translation.
- Product round-up Six of the best gaming keyboard and mouse combos
- Opinion So, Apple won't sell cheap kit? Prepare the iOS garden wall WRECKING BALL
- LinuxCon 2014 GitHub.io killed the distro star: Why are people so bored with the top Linux makers?
- Opinion IT blokes: would you say that LEWD comment to a man? Then don't say it to a woman
- 6 Obvious Reasons Why Facebook Will Ban This Article (Thank God)