The full version of Adobe Systems' Flash Player especially turned for mobiles is now in beta, just don't expect it running on any handsets yet. Today, Adobe made Flash Player 10.1 and AIR 2.0 available for beta, but only for use on familiar old PCs, laptops and notebooks running Windows, Linux, or Mac. Betas for mobile …
The real question is when Adobe will address the #1 feature request for Flash
namely not grabbing every cycle it can get its damn fingers on and pegging every core of every processor at 100% utilisation
performance is better
Yes, 10.1 explicitly aims to improve performance, both on the desktop and mobile. See the coverage around MAX for details, but it should use tens of percent less RAM and CPU, esp. if the developers of the the app you are using have made any effort at all e.g. reduce frame rate on idle etc.
Mac performance is better
Mac memory and CPU usage for videos seems better. And the scroll wheel finally works.
Note how GPU support is missing from Mac player. Steve says, "It isn't done 'til Flash won't run."
- Top Gear Tigers and Bingo Boilers: Farewell then, Phones4U
- Stephen Pie iPhone 6: Most exquisite MOBILE? NO, it's the Most Exquisite THING. EVER
- Updated iOS 8 Healthkit gets a bug SO Apple KILLS it. That's real healthcare!
- Early result from Scots indyref vote? NAW, Jimmy - it's a SCAM
- JINGS! Microsoft Bing called Scots indyref RIGHT!