The last shuttle leaving Earth this year has come and gone, with Atlantis and its crew of six astronauts blasting off from Kennedy Space Center at 2:28 pm EST (7:28 pm GMT) on Monday. Loaded with spare parts and supplies, space shuttle Atlantis is expected to dock with the International Space Station this Wednesday, beginning an …
All Shuttles available before Mayan Mayhem Strikes
All the Nasa Shuttles can now be used for ferrying the great and good up to the Space Ark before the rest of us Plebes get zapped by Planet X in Dec 2012.
Bloody convenient they are all available before the end of the Mayan Calendar to take Bill Gates and Simon Cowell away to safety.
Watched from work
It was a beautiful day with only a thin layer of clouds, so we were able to see 90% of the SRB burn. It's amazing how bright the flame is from 90 miles away.
One down, five to go. I'll miss the 'ol deathtrap.
I have to know...
...are they sending up a new toilet? Life can be difficult without one that works.
@I have to know...
They are talking some tree saplings to see if they grow in space - so if the toilet doesn't work you can always XXXX in the woods.
Re I have to know.
I read somewhere that they were taking up a new pump (or whatever component had failed).
Is Richard Branson going to buy the shuttles after NASA retires them? They'd look cool with Virging Space emblazoned on the sides.
If I could afford it, I'd glady sign the 'not responsible for death' waiver and climb aboard.
- World's OLDEST human DNA found in leg bone – but that's not the only boning going on...
- Lightning strikes USB bosses: Next-gen jacks will be REVERSIBLE
- Pics Brit inventors' GRAVITY POWERED LIGHT ships out after just 1 year
- Microsoft teams up with Feds, Europol in ZeroAccess botnet zombie hunt
- Storagebod Oh no, RBS has gone titsup again... but is it JUST BAD LUCK?