A British court has sentenced four men to prison after they admitted they used sophisticated trojan software to steal almost £600,000 from bank accounts and send it to Eastern Europe. London's Southwark Crown Court on Friday imposed sentences of as much as 4 and a half years on the men. According to IDG News, they used a trojan …
I Don't Believe It!
"Almost £140,000 was later recouped from Royal Bank of Scotland, NatWest's parent company."
I didn't think RBS had that much left - even with all that taxpayer money....
WTF again !
This is similar to a recent article involving use of computers to get into bank accounts and transfer money as theft.
How can these people be skillful and organised enough to do this, yet not know to use an IP connection that cannot be linked to them personally? Hmmm, maybe it was old-fashioned police work (observation, deduction, informers, etc) and not the e-crime skills of our plod that did it?
Re: I Don't Believe It!
£140,000 that's just a rounding error on Fred the Shred's payoff.
Of course it was the high-tech crime unit and nothing else
The super used a cellphone once. That makes it high-tech, innit?
Hack the planet!
Is there a news story about a fleet of tankers whos computer systems are compromised running at the moment as well?
Wasn't that Superman 3?
- +Comment Anti-Facebook Ello: Here's why we're still in beta. SPAMGASM!
- Vid+Pics Microsoft unwraps WINDOWS 10: Seven ate Nine. Or 8 did, anyway
- NASA rover Curiosity drills HOLE in MARS 'GOLF COURSE'
- George Clooney, WikiLeaks' lawyer wife hand out burner phones to wedding guests
- Business is back, baby! Hasta la VISTA, Win 8... Oh, yeah, Windows 9