The Register is giving one lucky reader the chance to get his or her mitts on HTC’s latest Android phone — the HTC Hero, complete with a copy of CoPilot Live 8 with UK and European maps. But hurry: the lucky draw closes tomorrow. HTC The HTC Hero includes a new user interface, multi-touch screen, 5MP camera and enhanced …
So if we're already registered for these emails, are we still entered for the draw?
I came here to ask the same question.
On the sign-up page there's a link for existing subscribers to log in and edit their settings. Just follow that link, log in and you'll see on the bottom of that page is a checkbox to agree to the T&Cs of the compeition.
It says 'all readers of the register' so I presume they have to make it open to all registred users but some clarity would be nice.
I also notice they've never actually announces who wins these things either...
"microSD slot which can handle cards of up to 1 GB" *
I'd better tell the 2GB microSD card in mine that it needs to lose weight!!
*it supposedly handles cards up to 32GB.
After I log in, I don't see the T&C link mentioning the competition. It's only there when I'm logged out.
"No purchase necessary, but winners may need to agree to an airtime contract and/or service subscription to use the device for phone calls and email."
So what would you actually win? A contract that doesn't quite rip your ass wide open?
- Xmas Round-up Ten top tech toys to interface with a techie’s Christmas stocking
- Xmas Round-up Ghosts of Christmas Past: Ten tech treats from yesteryear
- Review Hey Linux newbie: If you've never had a taste, try perfect Petra ... mmm, smells like Mint 16
- Analysis Microsoft's licence riddles give Linux and pals a free ride to virtual domination
- NSFW Oz couple get jiggy in pharmacy in 'banned' condom ad