Drive-by exploit writers have been spotted using a popular Twitter command to send web surfers to malicious sites, a technique that helps conceal the devious deed. The microblogging site makes application programming interfaces (APIs) such as this one available so legitimate websites can easily plug into the top topics being …
So the next big botnet will be using backup command and control servers that have ID's pulled from a legitimate RSS Feed somewhere or other...Meaning when the C&C Servers are taken down the zombies start sniffing RSS feeds and trying the interpreted domains 48 hrs later? hmm not so easy to decapitate then..
should we really be telling the world and his dog?
Just another reason to avoid twatter.....
remember when they figured out the domain algorithm for confricker
good idea because it would be really hard to predict what the next days twitter trend will be so you cant preregister or block those domains to keep them from contacting command and control like they did for some of the other C&C domain generators that are predictable so you can get in front of the hackers
- JLaw, Kate Upton exposed in celeb nude pics hack
- Google flushes out users of old browsers by serving up CLUNKY, AGED version of search
- GCHQ protesters stick it to British spooks ... by drinking urine
- China: You, Microsoft. Office-Windows 'compatibility'. You have 20 days to explain
- Something for the Weekend, Sir? If you think 3D printing is just firing blanks, just you wait