Drive-by exploit writers have been spotted using a popular Twitter command to send web surfers to malicious sites, a technique that helps conceal the devious deed. The microblogging site makes application programming interfaces (APIs) such as this one available so legitimate websites can easily plug into the top topics being …
So the next big botnet will be using backup command and control servers that have ID's pulled from a legitimate RSS Feed somewhere or other...Meaning when the C&C Servers are taken down the zombies start sniffing RSS feeds and trying the interpreted domains 48 hrs later? hmm not so easy to decapitate then..
should we really be telling the world and his dog?
Just another reason to avoid twatter.....
remember when they figured out the domain algorithm for confricker
good idea because it would be really hard to predict what the next days twitter trend will be so you cant preregister or block those domains to keep them from contacting command and control like they did for some of the other C&C domain generators that are predictable so you can get in front of the hackers
- +Comment Anti-Facebook Ello: Here's why we're still in beta. SPAMGASM!
- NASA rover Curiosity drills HOLE in MARS 'GOLF COURSE'
- WHY did Sunday Mirror stoop to slurping selfies for smut sting?
- Business is back, baby! Hasta la VISTA, Win 8... Oh, yeah, Windows 9
- George Clooney, WikiLeaks' lawyer wife hand out burner phones to wedding guests