At the Computek show in Taiwan six months ago, Qualcomm and Freescale coined a new phrase, 'smartbook', to describe a mobile internet device that would come somewhere between a smartphone and a netbook. Now the chip giant says it will show its first commercial design at its analyst day to be held in New York on Thursday. …
Just make the screen the right size!
Do one without a massive bezel and I'll buy it! I'll figure out what it's for later!
Just a quick reminder...
... that my Psion 7 used to manage nine hours battery life. It's not really a new idea.
BTW, Apple didn't invent the smartphone, either.
Psion, where are you?
The world needs a 5MX with 3G.
I would really like to see some actual smartbook products. A lot of PR talk has been heard, now the products should speak for themselves.
...a hopped up version of my old NEC Mobile Pro 780/790. Indeed, I wish there were some upgrades to that old beastie that would allow it to do decent WiFi, browsing etc.
- Top Gear Tigers and Bingo Boilers: Farewell then, Phones4U
- Breaking Fad 4K-ing excellent TV is on its way ... in its own sweet time, natch
- Updated iOS 8 Healthkit gets a bug SO Apple KILLS it. That's real healthcare!
- Stephen Pie iPhone 6: Most exquisite MOBILE? NO, it's the Most Exquisite THING. EVER
- Early result from Scots indyref vote? NAW, Jimmy - it's a SCAM