IBM has unwrapped the newest version of its WebSphere e-commerce software platform, exhibiting a fresh focus on sales and order processing atop handheld devices and an ability to mix user-generated content into retail sites. WebSphere Commerce is a software framework for web retailers that bundles tools for doing everything from …
"What a godawful stew of half-baked tech trends the WebSphere family has become over the years."
Hahaha. Stew? Try telling that to the merchants that are making £M's EACH DAY using WebSphere Commerce [by the way this piece is discussing WebSphere Commerce, not the mass of products under the WebSphere brand as a whole].
....setting, and achieving difficult eCommerce revenue targets is so over-rated these days.
- iPad? More like iFAD: Now we know why Apple ran off to IBM
- +Analysis Microsoft: We're building ONE TRUE WINDOWS to rule us all
- Climate: 'An excuse for tax hikes', scientists 'don't know what they're talking about'
- Analysis Nadella: Apps must run on ALL WINDOWS – on PCs, slabs and mobes
- Major problems beset UK ISP filth filters: But it's OK, nobody uses them