VMware has integrated a new PCoIP screen protocol into its View 4 platform that it claims will give it an edge on Microsoft's RDP for desktop clients. The ability of thin client products to properly and fully render graphics-intensive applications has been limited. VMware thinks it has got the problem basically licked with its …
Couldn't you do that with a normal Terminal Server? I mean if you're only using a virtual OS image on a server, you could also run that image locally.
- Product round-up Ten excellent FREE PC apps to brighten your Windows
- Review Tough Banana Pi: a Raspberry Pi for colour-blind diehards
- Product round-up Ten Mac freeware apps for your new Apple baby
- Analysis Pity the poor Windows developer: The tools for desktop development are in disarray
- Chromecast video on UK, Euro TVs hertz so badly it makes us judder – but Google 'won't fix'