Microsoft continues to plead with developers to tinker with Silverlight, the software giant’s ginger stepchild rival to Adobe’s Flash, by slotting the tech into Facebook. Coders can now get their mitts on a dev kit that allows them to create Facebook apps in Silverlight, Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) and other MS tech. …
Oh great we can look forward to SilverLight ScamVille apps/games now.
Roll on HTML 5
HTML 5's canvas tag is going to remove the need for Flash and SilverLight anyway
Doubt it though, who is silversh*te installed anyway?
bad bad juju
This is the thing that scares me the most -- if Microsoft were to acquire Facebook, or even if they were to somehow get into a position where they assert more control over it, they would certainly use it as an opportunity to finally force everyone to install Silverlight.
@IGnatius T Foobar
Only those mindless enough to use Facebook.....those of us happy with out 'real world' friends will be home free :)
- Top Gear Tigers and Bingo Boilers: Farewell then, Phones4U
- Breaking Fad 4K-ing excellent TV is on its way ... in its own sweet time, natch
- Updated iOS 8 Healthkit gets a bug SO Apple KILLS it. That's real healthcare!
- Stephen Pie iPhone 6: Most exquisite MOBILE? NO, it's the Most Exquisite THING. EVER
- Early result from Scots indyref vote? NAW, Jimmy - it's a SCAM