Boutique supercomputer maker Appro International has won a deal at the San Diego Supercomputer Center to create a next-generation parallel supercomputer that has lots of flash memory and software to create a virtual shared memory infrastructure that spans the server nodes in the cluster. The flash-based server, called Gordon …
Maybe it's just my cultural heritage and upbringing, but I'd have thought Harry would be a better name.
"Boutique supercomputer maker"
best description i have heard all week.
uuhhh-huuu... ´nuff said.
does it have a Windows 7 certified sticker?
But will you able to ping it
and get back "gordon is alive"?
Mine's the one with the ray-gun
Gordon, of course
Erm, that has negative connotations in the UK: can it add up? Is it expensive to run?
- Does Apple's iOS 7 make you physically SICK? Try swallowing version 7.1
- Pics Indestructible Death Stars blow up planets with glowing KILL RAY
- Hands on Satisfy my scroll: El Reg gets claws on Windows 8.1 spring update
- Video Snowden: You can't trust SPOOKS with your DATA
- 166 days later: Space Station astronauts return to Earth