US weapons megacorp Raytheon is chuffed to announce that it and allied firms have landed a $28m deal from the Pentagon to provide an early-warning system for defence against cyber attacks on military networks. The programme in question is referred to by the Defence Information Systems Agency (DISA) as "Network Operations …
I can see why they didn't call is "NOSA"
Also: Now you know why government projects cost so much more than non-government ones: The custom unpronounceable BUT PC acronyms come at a premium.
FOSS to the rescue
I'm just guessing that they haven't heard of Snort.
US Defence Department buys Intrusion Detection System.
Gosh, that's leading edge of them.......
Maybe tripwire too. OR get get the really important servers off the net and therefore the only way in is via being in the building.
- Asteroids as powerful as NUCLEAR BOMBS strike Earth TWICE YEARLY
- Got Windows 8.1 Update yet? Get ready for YET ANOTHER ONE – rumor
- Patch iOS, OS X now: PDFs, JPEGs, URLs, web pages can pwn your kit
- Sony Xperia Z2: 4K vid, great audio, waterproof ... Oh, and you can make a phone call
- Pic Tooled-up Ryobi girl takes nine-inch grinder to Asus beach babe