US weapons megacorp Raytheon is chuffed to announce that it and allied firms have landed a $28m deal from the Pentagon to provide an early-warning system for defence against cyber attacks on military networks. The programme in question is referred to by the Defence Information Systems Agency (DISA) as "Network Operations …
I can see why they didn't call is "NOSA"
Also: Now you know why government projects cost so much more than non-government ones: The custom unpronounceable BUT PC acronyms come at a premium.
FOSS to the rescue
I'm just guessing that they haven't heard of Snort.
US Defence Department buys Intrusion Detection System.
Gosh, that's leading edge of them.......
Maybe tripwire too. OR get get the really important servers off the net and therefore the only way in is via being in the building.
- Updated HIDDEN packet sniffer spy tech in MILLIONS of iPhones, iPads – expert
- Peak Apple: Mountain of 80 MILLION 'Air' iPhone 6s ordered
- Students hack Tesla Model S, make all its doors pop open IN MOTION
- BBC goes offline in MASSIVE COCKUP: Stephen Fry partly muzzled
- PROOF the Apple iPhone 6 rumor mill hype-gasm has reached its logical conclusion