Microsoft prepped the ground for its European TechEd conference this week by snaffling up SourceGear's bag of Teamprise tools. The "assets" allow developers using Eclipse or working on multiple operating systems - Mac, Linux and Unix - to build apps with Microsoft's Visual Team Foundation Server. Inevitably, the Teamprise …
Phase One - Embrace
Phase Two - Extend
Phase Three - Extinguish
Hopefully there will be a F/OSS answer to this.
By "interoperability", did the MS suit mean "you will bow down before me!"
Re: Phase One - Embrace
exactly what I was thinking. There is no way Microsoft wants developers using Eclipse even if it means developing MS .Net apps. It leaves Microsoft out of the control loop and leaves Java and other languages sitting there just asking to be used.
When Java was growing up, Microsoft went out of its way to purchase up and shut down companies with very interesting technology which used Java. There is nothing Microsoft has done to show they have changed. Embrace, Extend, Extinguish so the choice is not there.
we really need and evil ballmer icon.
- World's OLDEST human DNA found in leg bone – but that's not the only boning going on...
- Lightning strikes USB bosses: Next-gen jacks will be REVERSIBLE
- Pics Brit inventors' GRAVITY POWERED LIGHT ships out after just 1 year
- Storagebod Oh no, RBS has gone titsup again... but is it JUST BAD LUCK?
- Two million TERRIBLE PASSWORDS stolen by malware attackers