Google is backing a dump truck of acquisition money on AdMob, a company that specializes on serving display ads on the iPhone and other mobile devices. AdMob will receive a cool $750 million to become a part of the Mountain View Chocolate Factory's massive online advertising empire. Google says while its focus to date has been …
Do no evil?
Acquiring a competitor ad company for less than a billion is ridiculous.
That's just wrong.
- Leaked screenshots show next Windows kernel to be a perfect 10
- Product round-up Coming clean: Ten cordless vacuum cleaners
- Something for the Weekend, Sir? I need a password to BRAKE? What? No! STOP! Aaaargh!
- Episode 13 BOFH: WHERE did this 'fax-enabled' printer UPGRADE come from?
- Vulture at the Wheel Ford's B-Max: Fiesta-based runaround that goes THUNK