Federal prosecutors in Manhattan said this morning they are bringing charges against 14 people it claims were involved in yet another insider trading network. The US Attorneys Office for the Southern District of New York is hosting a press conference today outlining the charges, but prior to this, the office supplied El Reg with …
tip of the iceberg
They are only touching the tip of the iceberg. If you notice closely the surnames of most of the accused seem to be of people mostly originating from the Indian subcontinent. Figures that the grandstanding regulator agencys to save their own complicit skin and to seem relevent are going after less powerful more easily demonized brown people. After all the amounts involved are small potatoes compared to the massive amounts the white aholes at Goldman are stealing from the public. But then again white aholes tend to have powerful friends and vote Republican.
@asdf : You are probably right
I suspect that this whole thing is dealt with in a manner that will make people believe that the cleaning has been thorough, whereas it will actually be carefully done so as to not impact any of the much bigger operations that are most certainly in progress right now.
Ah, the Old Mates Club is still controlling things, just like always. And, like always, for the benefit of the few.
- Hi-torque tank engines: EXTREME car hacking with The Register
- Product round-up Ten excellent FREE PC apps to brighten your Windows
- Review What's MISSING on Amazon Fire Phone... and why it WON'T set the world alight
- Product round-up Trousers down for six of the best affordable Androids
- Why did it take antivirus giants YEARS to drill into super-scary Regin? Symantec responds...