GlobalFoundries, the wafer baking spinout of Advanced Micro Devices, announced this morning that chairman Hector Ruiz has taken a voluntary leave of absence from the company, effective immediately. Ruiz is rumored to be one of the executives who spoke out of turn about that spinout, with the information subsequently finding its …
At least some good will come of this.
Hector almost ran AMD into the ground, hopefully this will be the last we see of him.
Hey Hector great move overpaying for ATI and all. Wasn't AMD top of the world right before that decision? Hmm perhaps you decided a lot more money could be made in just a few years short selling your stock then actually competing against Intel. Sigh AMD is the Digital of the 2000's. RIP AMD and lord help us against Intel's wrath.
When I have a Trade Securities crisis, I always turn to an former CEO of Broadcom.
- NASA boffin: RIDDLE of unusual BULGE FOUND ON MOON is SOLVED
- Apple winks at parents: C'mon, get your kid a tweaked Macbook Pro
- SOULLESS machine-intelligence ROBOT cars to hit Blighty in 2015
- BuzzGasm! Thirteen Astonishing True Facts You Never Knew About SCREWS
- China in MONOPOLY PROBE into Microsoft: Do not pass GO, do not collect 200 yuan