back to article Comparison shopping sites not wicked after all, says Google

Google is adding "AdWords Comparison Ads" to its armoury of weapons designed to squeeze even more money out of advertisers "make ads more relevant and useful". The ads will list prices and features for multiple products from paying advertisers on a single page, thus making it easier for shoppers to find the best deal without …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. M man

Googletruth

now refined and better ....mmm NuTruth tm

(warning:may not run on all versions of logic, not backwards compatibe with Truth 1.0. NuTruth copyright Google. guarenteed Evil free. No UmpaLumpas were harmed during production)

2. Bassey

Froogle

Wouldn't Google's own Froogle fall foul of these rules and be classed as a low quality site?

3. Robert Carnegie Silver badge

Scum

It is gravely annoying to use Google to look up some product or other, to find only shopping comparison sites, and, quite often, no actual shops. Sometimes, as they say, a comparison of comparison sites. Most of all to look for reviews of, say, the Asda Bloody Awful Digital TV Set Top Brick (no longer on sale), and get 100 Google results from shopping comparison sites saying "Be first to review Asda Bloody Awful Digital TV Set Top Brick (no longer on sale)". The text itself is stolen from another shopping site, I expect. Damn them to hell, and while I have mixed feelings about Google providing useful service to me while making its money from people paying them for premium-attention access to my eyeballs, at least they aren't being paid by these filthy scum.

4. Anonymous Coward
    Flame

Bing

Bing, Bing,

Bing goes the in'ernet...

Damn. I think I am going to have to sue The Reg for permanently damaging my brain...

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like