As European regulators drag their feet on approving Oracle's $7.4bn acquisition of Sun Microsystems, the securities laws for public companies back home in the States compel Sun to still do its paperwork. Sun has dutifully sent out the proxy notices to shareholders telling them to mark their calendars for the annual shareholder …
WTF is SEC
This is pretty f***ing amazing that Obama's SEC is not investigating this. These guys drive the company to the drain for their own benefit. Crooks/Thieves with the US Government approval.
Whaddaya want from the SEC?
The SEC is not in charge of Sun running its company well. This IS Capitalism, ya know. The SEC is only about following a process of reporting what is being done. I suppose that you want the newpapers to be responsible for preventing crime too, eh?
RE: WTF is SEC # Obama's SEC
> This is pretty f***ing amazing that Obama's SEC is not investigating this.
GM = U.S. Owned General (eh hum... Government) Motors
Chrysler = Italy's Government Motors (Fiat)
Socialists & Communists desire to consolidate free market companies to control them.
No surprise here - Sun / Oracle is just another example, which it did not have to force via a Csar.
Puesta del Sol
Thank you Sun for all the good times. I guess the delusions of grandeur had to end at some point. At least we've got beer money to keep us smiling a while longer. I wonder what Scott, Jon and Greg will do next - maybe join Andreas von Bechtolsheim on his "the network is not quite the computer" venture?
You guessed wrong
Sun will post earning, or lack thereof, Nov 7th after the market closes on Friday.
I am surprised they can even close the books anymore. The executive suite has basically abandoned ship. Anyone that can get a job has left and all the golden parachute flunkies are hanging out at the starbucks.
Questions I have:
1) Why does it take Sun over a money to close its books?
2) Why has Larry never acknowledged that half of Sun's hardware comes from Fujtisu?
3) When Larry said "Sun is bleeding $100M per month and he wants to get this done quick so he can save jobs" is that 15K vs. 16K he plans to layoff?
4) What is this country going to be like once all the computer hardware goes to China?
- Xmas Round-up Ten top tech toys to interface with a techie’s Christmas stocking
- Google embiggens its fat vid pipe Chromecast with TEN new supported apps
- NSFW Oz couple get jiggy in pharmacy in 'banned' condom ad
- Exploits no more! Firefox 26 blocks all Java plugins by default
- Review Hey Linux newbie: If you've never had a taste, try perfect Petra ... mmm, smells like Mint 16