Data Domain has been working on global deduplication across its DDX arrays for a couple of years, but the technology is not yet ready. The DDX arrays are collections of 4, 8 or 16-controller Data Domain deduplication systems which dedupe independently of each other. If they were to use a global deduplication map or index across …
While they're working on it...
Interesting piece, Chris, and I think it's great that you got onto the topic of Ocarina. Obviously EMC and Data Domain are working out a great deal right now, so this is just the start of a discussion about where it's all going. Carter George, VP Products at Ocarina has written a response to Brian's comments about Ocarina on our Online Storage Optimization blog, with a post "OEM or Not, Here We Come." http://onlinestorageoptimization.com/index.php/oem-or-not-here-we-come/. Thanks!
- Boffins attempt to prove the UNIVERSE IS JUST A HOLOGRAM
- China building SUPERSONIC SUBMARINE that travels in a BUBBLE
- Review Raspberry Pi B+: PHWOAR, get a load of those pins
- Experimental hypersonic SUPERMISSILE destroyed 4 SECONDS after US launched it
- That 8TB Seagate MONSTER? It's HERE... (You'll have to squint, 'cos there are no specs)