Data Domain has been working on global deduplication across its DDX arrays for a couple of years, but the technology is not yet ready. The DDX arrays are collections of 4, 8 or 16-controller Data Domain deduplication systems which dedupe independently of each other. If they were to use a global deduplication map or index across …
While they're working on it...
Interesting piece, Chris, and I think it's great that you got onto the topic of Ocarina. Obviously EMC and Data Domain are working out a great deal right now, so this is just the start of a discussion about where it's all going. Carter George, VP Products at Ocarina has written a response to Brian's comments about Ocarina on our Online Storage Optimization blog, with a post "OEM or Not, Here We Come." http://onlinestorageoptimization.com/index.php/oem-or-not-here-we-come/. Thanks!
- Top Gear Tigers and Bingo Boilers: Farewell then, Phones4U
- Breaking Fad 4K-ing excellent TV is on its way ... in its own sweet time, natch
- Updated iOS 8 Healthkit gets a bug SO Apple KILLS it. That's real healthcare!
- First Irish boy band U2. Now Apple pushes ANOTHER thing into iPhones, iPods, iPads
- Stephen Pie iPhone 6: Most exquisite MOBILE? NO, it's the Most Exquisite THING. EVER