Data Domain has been working on global deduplication across its DDX arrays for a couple of years, but the technology is not yet ready. The DDX arrays are collections of 4, 8 or 16-controller Data Domain deduplication systems which dedupe independently of each other. If they were to use a global deduplication map or index across …
While they're working on it...
Interesting piece, Chris, and I think it's great that you got onto the topic of Ocarina. Obviously EMC and Data Domain are working out a great deal right now, so this is just the start of a discussion about where it's all going. Carter George, VP Products at Ocarina has written a response to Brian's comments about Ocarina on our Online Storage Optimization blog, with a post "OEM or Not, Here We Come." http://onlinestorageoptimization.com/index.php/oem-or-not-here-we-come/. Thanks!
- Mounties always get their man: Heartbleed 'hacker', 19, CUFFED
- Batten down the hatches, Ubuntu 14.04 LTS due in TWO DAYS
- Samsung Galaxy S5 fingerprint scanner hacked in just 4 DAYS
- Feast your PUNY eyes on highest resolution phone display EVER
- AMD demos 'Berlin' Opteron, world's first heterogeneous system architecture server chip