Feeds

back to article Governator in acrostic 'f**k you' outrage

Governator Arnold Schwarzenegger has told Democrat San Francisco assembly member Tom Ammiano just what he thinks of him and his "infrastructure financing districts" bill in a letter which explicity slams the latter, while firing a delicious acrostic broadside at its author: Schwarzenegger's letter to Tom Ammiano Arnie's …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.

Page:

Thumb Up

Awesome

What an absolute legend.

Thumb Down

How odd

What an odd thing to have happened!

Arnie will get into hot water this time, 'for sure.'

Negative publicity isn't always good publicity.

Knowing the American centre to be quite religious, it's not clever.

Even allowing for it being California an' all.

Really, he should check his letters more!

Silver badge
Thumb Up

Nice

The governator gets less credits than he deserves. No matter what his ideas are, the California legislature ARE a bunch of morons.

Terminator

Response

Surely the response should have been along the lines of:

Certainly the wording of Mr Schwartzenegger's veto could be deemed as an

unique and unfortunate coincidence. Strict and thorough proof reading of all

notes passed between politicians should be undertaken in prevention of

this occurring again any time in future.

Sincerely...

Silver badge
Thumb Up

The dysfunctional and bankrupt Republic of California

"Unfortunately, this humour came at the cost of the Port of San Francisco."

Has it been nuked after a misplaced remark to a Russian? I didn't know about that.

Anonymous Coward

I bow at your feet, Arnie.

That took some chutzpah.

IT Angle

F.U.N.N.Y

Maybe he should of checked before sending

You and me would

He'll check his letters in the future though i'm sure

Everyones allowed one error in working life

Right i'm off to write an e-mail to my boss along the same lines

Oh and thanks El Reg ;) If i see anymore i'll send 'em in.

Happy

What the story missed...

Ammaniano said more than "You lie" to The Governator... depending on your news source he also said "Kiss my gay ass" or "Kiss my f_____ ass".

Who said Republicans have no sense of humor?

Anonymous Coward

I'm sure this was completely innocent

Are they implying that the Governator would deliberately issue such a foul mouthed

rant? It seems somewhat unlikely to me that anyone would go to all that trouble with

no guarantee that the intended victim would every actually become aware of the

other, hidden, message. Oh well, whether intentional or otherwise, you've got to

love the irony. Of course, if he was going to be truly clever he'd have tried to do a

dry quip from the terminator movies.

Joke

@Michael 77

You know, if you take the first letter of every sentence from your post you can re-arrange them to spell... NEWARK. The co-incidences never stop coming :p

Thumb Up

Viva Arnie

He was a hero to me in childhood and it looks like he just made it right back up there again :)

J 3
Terminator

Funny

Whatever the issues involved and sides taken, funny.

Stop

What

What the f**k has this got to do with IT?

Go

That is really good

I think I'll nick that for use sometime later

Nice one Arnie

Happy

@AC 1647

No, it's the talentless harpy Harriet Harmman who drops awful quotes. Though a longer letter with "F*** You, Asshole" would have been appropriate, a quote and a fantastic response.!

Thumb Up

Good man

Sounds like he isn't your average politician.

IT Angle

Hey you guys

Did you see WhAt you did there? IN a piece about hidden messages you Know managEd to put amusing little messages me youR own in. That'S really clever and totally suprising.

Unhappy

I don't get it

What am I missing here?

Also, what is the IT angle on this?

Couldn't have picked a better target

Even my the lofty standards of the California legislature's windbaggery, Tom Ammiano stands out as a spectacular waste of oxygen. He was a dismal chariman of the SF board of Supervisors, elected and pandering the the shrillest and least representative special interests around.

Pint

Worse than that

If you follow the link to the Bill and then click the 'Twitter Dir', you'll see that half the California Government is on Twitter. Worrying that they have time to spout meaningless crap all day

Happy

@The Jon

I guess no one else noticed your hidden message yet. I do agree, though... if that were the response, the lolz would be epic.

Paris Hilton

Arnie for PM

It's a good thing he's not in the midwest, they do nasty things to acrostics and non christians...

Terminator

re: I'm sure this was competly innocent

"It seems somewhat unlikely to me that anyone would go to all that trouble with no guarantee that the intended victim would every actually become aware of the other, hidden, message."

I have gone to that trouble a number of times when having to respond in a civil manner to a particularly rude or ignorant complaint. True, most people will not see it, but there is always the hope that it will at least affect the target subliminally. The art of it is in making it appear like it was an 'accident'.

Bronze badge
Happy

re: I'm sure this was completely innocent...

nice one...

Thumb Up

Brilliant

What a great story. You can't fault

Arnie for style and spunk;

Not that anyone else in politics is

Known for their sense of humour,

Except maybe the current president,

Restrained as he has to be because

So many of his peers are humourless...

FAIL

Not impressed.

I expect the governator's staff spent several days, at taxpayer's expense, to come up with that one. I really wish my fellow residents here in Bankruptistan would develop the intestinal fortitude to send the governator a big "FU" and replace him with somebody a bit less aligned with the rich minority up there in the hills.

Silver badge

@Michael 77

"Knowing the American centre to be quite religious, it's not clever."

No, we're not. That would be the right-wing-nuts. The left-wing-nuts are equally religious, but not in the traditional xtian manor. Us here in the middle, not so much.

As a Californian, deep down I hope he did it on purpose. And does similar in the future. Might light a fire under the mindless self-serving mob posing as "the legeslature" in Sacramento.

@Destroy All Monsters

AB1176 is/was a bill targeted at funding infrastructure ... like the Port of San Francisco and the Bay Bridge. Not a little ironic that the Bay Bridge is now closed due to a broken support cable ...

Unhappy

Took me a while

I feel old and slow. I read it three or four times before I saw it.

Thumb Up

@ac 1641GMT: Not insult but assignation?

If Ammanaiano really said "Kiss my gay ass", then the Governator's reply might be a proposal to move their relationship to the next level?

Silver badge
Thumb Up

Well, well, well.

In the past, his opponents often tried to portray him as an uneducated buffoon. This took real skill.

Silver badge
Terminator

I was totally expecting...

the message to spell out "Fuck you, Asshole!". Arnie, you need to get more corny words for those letters!!!

Silver badge

@Gilbo

This is bootnotes, now f**k off.

IT Angle

Read more carefully for that personal touch

If you include all lines in the correspondence actually says "I F*** You". You gotta respect the personal touch.

IT relevance? He use to play a humanlike robot with schemes for gobal domination - funny how life imitates art.

I use to work with a collegue who took great efforts to put additional meanings in his emails, by using the first letter of each paragraph. I suppose if you dont use email to send it you can get more into each message by using the first letter in each line as you control where the line breaks will occur regardless of the email system.

What no governator icons anywhere?

IT Angle

The IT angle...

Obviously the IT angle is that it was typed up on a computer... Der.

Bronze badge

Remember that the object of the veto message...

...comes from the same city as the Botox Queen (Nancy Pelosi). Well deserved I might add from a nice distance about 40 miles to the south.

Unhappy

I don't get it

No REALLY - I just can't see it!!!

I know what I'm SUPPOSED to be seeing... but I'm obvioulsy blind/stupid.

How annoying.

FAIL

A title is required, and must contain letters and/or digits.

How embarrassing...I just couldn't see it. Had to resort to Google, which pointed me at the daily mail, to see it.

Anonymous, 'coz I feel really thick now.

Thumb Up

@By Private Citizen

Thank you for spelling it out. I was looking at the words with capital letters and stuff. I just couldn't see the obvious.

What a silly bunt.

regards

AC@ 9:18

Thumb Up

Outstanding!

That is all.

Anonymous Coward

@Andy Hards

Ooooooo, get her!

Silver badge

@Marina

It might take you several days to come up with something like that, but judging by the comments here, not everyone else is that thick. Grow a sense of humour.

The only way this could be better...

is if the letters at the end of the lines spelt "asshole".

Silver badge
Thumb Up

Took me a while to catch on

If I was over there I'd vote for him just for that letter.

Actually, I'd vote for him after seeing T2

@ By Scott 19

"should of checked befoe sending"

H'mm. Don'tt you mean:

"Should HAVE checked."

or

"Should've"

Certainly should have checked before sending!

Bronze badge

@Arnie for PM

Actually, the reaction to this here in a conservative city in the Midwest is that Arnie is getting appluaded. One conservative Christian I work with loved it.

Don't judge us by media image and we won't judge you by Benny Hill, ok?

Sly
Coat

yeah

The folks around here really enjoyed it.

It made them smile and laugh. I also

thought it was great stuff and I'm one of

several God fearing Christians here.

Really, people need to get a life if they're

offended by something like this. It just

causes themselves to be bound and

keeps them in chains to who offended them.

/mines the one with the little birds and boulders on the back

@ Sly

oh do they now? I'm an ass man personally

ftw

the governator wins.

actually gained some respect for him for this, i think he's doing the right thing by standing up for himself / his constituents. hes damn right that too much shit gets legislated while important stuff is waffled over for years and committees of people who's primary occupation are justifying their jobs are formed to waffle over it.

go arnie \m/ \m/

I hope the reply is suitably arranged so that vertical reading will spell "get in line", or a better comeback (but is there??)

Pint

He "should've" signed it...

Instead of signing it with Sincerely...

He "should've"* signed it with Truly...

That would've** ended it with Tom Ammiano's initials...

*Should've is the usual spoken form of `should have', especially when `have' is an auxiliary verb. http://dictionary.reverso.net/english-cobuild/should%27ve

**Would've is a spoken form of `would have', when `have' is an auxiliary verb. http://dictionary.reverso.net/english-cobuild/would%27ve

Page:

This topic is closed for new posts.