We've seen a fair few hard drives with built-in fingerprint readers, but here's one that uses RFID cards instead of digits. Freecom Secure Freecom's Hard Drive Secure: there's a RFID reader behind the drive's glossy front The notion is simple: if you want to access the data on the drive, you'll need to touch the unit with a …
Seriously smart bit of kit.
Yes, real smart, to secure your data with a key in a fancy card and then send the key back to the device OVER THE AIR. Congratulations, absolute brilliance.
The Hard Drive Secure can remember only two cards at once
Does that mean only supplied with two cards OR it's just crap?
This would be useful if it could register the door fobs that every employee already has!
@AC 09:34 GMT
U really haven't got a clue about RFID have u ???
- Stick a 4K in them: Super high-res TVs are DONE
- Review You didn't get the MeMO? Asus Pad 7 Android tab is ... not bad
- BEST BATTERY EVER: All lithium, all the time, plus a dash of carbon nano-stuff
- Bring back error correction, say Danish 'net boffins
- That GIANT ASTEROID that killed you? Just 'colossal bad luck', old DINOSAUR chap