We've seen a fair few hard drives with built-in fingerprint readers, but here's one that uses RFID cards instead of digits. Freecom Secure Freecom's Hard Drive Secure: there's a RFID reader behind the drive's glossy front The notion is simple: if you want to access the data on the drive, you'll need to touch the unit with a …
Seriously smart bit of kit.
Yes, real smart, to secure your data with a key in a fancy card and then send the key back to the device OVER THE AIR. Congratulations, absolute brilliance.
The Hard Drive Secure can remember only two cards at once
Does that mean only supplied with two cards OR it's just crap?
This would be useful if it could register the door fobs that every employee already has!
@AC 09:34 GMT
U really haven't got a clue about RFID have u ???
- Facebook offshores HUGE WAD OF CASH to Caymans - via Ireland
- Review Best budget Android smartphone there is? Must be the Moto G
- NSFW Confessions of a porn site boss: How the net porn industry flopped
- World's OLDEST human DNA found in leg bone – but that's not the only boning going on...
- OHM MY GOD! Move over graphene, here comes '100% PERFECT' stanene