Disgraced Korean cloning scientist Hwang Woo-Suk has been found guilty of fraud after a tortuous three-year trial. The man who became a national hero after he claimed to have cloned "tailored" human embryos was given a two-year prison term, suspended for three years, for embezzling research funds and breaching bioethics laws by …
How do they know it was really him in court
End of days?
So, the standard in Korea is "Fake it. Why not? You might just get away with it and the worst that can happen is that you'll be outed and have to waste some time going to court".
Blahhh! We'll remember that the next time we read a paper from Korea.
Not such a bad man
He paid for housing for his juniors and even paid for a wedding!
So he bought some egg cells illegally - it's not as if he made an army of clones or anything!
".... and also paid for a scientist's wedding."
Apparently he was planning to serve cloned Mammoth meat at the reception, but it turned out that it was off. In a statement he said that the steaks were too high.
- +Comment Anti-Facebook Ello: Here's why we're still in beta. SPAMGASM!
- Vid+Pics Microsoft WINDOWS 10: Seven ATE Nine. Or Eight did really
- Analysis Windows 10: One for the suits, right Microsoft? Or so one THOUGHT
- Xbox hackers snared US ARMY APACHE GUNSHIP ware - Feds
- George Clooney, WikiLeaks' lawyer wife hand out burner phones to wedding guests