Disgraced Korean cloning scientist Hwang Woo-Suk has been found guilty of fraud after a tortuous three-year trial. The man who became a national hero after he claimed to have cloned "tailored" human embryos was given a two-year prison term, suspended for three years, for embezzling research funds and breaching bioethics laws by …
How do they know it was really him in court
End of days?
So, the standard in Korea is "Fake it. Why not? You might just get away with it and the worst that can happen is that you'll be outed and have to waste some time going to court".
Blahhh! We'll remember that the next time we read a paper from Korea.
Not such a bad man
He paid for housing for his juniors and even paid for a wedding!
So he bought some egg cells illegally - it's not as if he made an army of clones or anything!
".... and also paid for a scientist's wedding."
Apparently he was planning to serve cloned Mammoth meat at the reception, but it turned out that it was off. In a statement he said that the steaks were too high.
- Updated + vids WHOA: Get a load of Asteroid DX110 JUST MISSING planet EARTH
- Very fabric of space-time RIPPED apart in latest Hubble pic
- 10 years of Facebook Inside Facebook's engineering labs: Hardware heaven, HP hell – PICTURES
- Dell charges £16 TO INSTALL FIREFOX on PCs – Mozilla is miffed
- Google! and! Facebook! IDs! face! Yahoo! login! BAN!