Like a faded 1970’s rock group, Sharp’s web site proudly proclaims that the company is ‘Big In Japan’. There’s more than a hint of irony in that claim, though, as Sharp is no doubt aware that it’s a relatively low-profile player here in Europe when compared with the likes of Sony, Samsung and Toshiba. However, it’s clearly …
It was not a 70's rock group
It was a 80-es pop one to coin that idiotic "Big in Japan" moto. To be more specific - Alphaville. They should probably get a lifetime award for the silliest texts in a song successfully to achieve No 1.
So its an LCD Screen then?
sounds like dubious marketing to me..
Where are the Proper OLED TV's?
Let's just wait for Sony's eventual LED tv then seeing as Samsung ponce around with perimeter lighting.
if the built-in decoder ain't DVB-T2, it's a waste of time in the UK
I'm not buying a new telly if its decoder will be obsolete when Freeview HD airs in the UK...
- Review Is it an iPad? Is it a MacBook Air? No, it's a Surface Pro 3
- Game Theory The agony and ecstasy of SteamOS: WHERE ARE MY GAMES?
- Hello, police, El Reg here. Are we a bunch of terrorists now?
- Kate Bush: Don't make me HAVE CONTACT with your iPHONE
- Worstall on Wednesday Wall Street woes: Oh noes, tech titans aren't using bankers