Like a faded 1970’s rock group, Sharp’s web site proudly proclaims that the company is ‘Big In Japan’. There’s more than a hint of irony in that claim, though, as Sharp is no doubt aware that it’s a relatively low-profile player here in Europe when compared with the likes of Sony, Samsung and Toshiba. However, it’s clearly …
It was not a 70's rock group
It was a 80-es pop one to coin that idiotic "Big in Japan" moto. To be more specific - Alphaville. They should probably get a lifetime award for the silliest texts in a song successfully to achieve No 1.
So its an LCD Screen then?
sounds like dubious marketing to me..
Where are the Proper OLED TV's?
Let's just wait for Sony's eventual LED tv then seeing as Samsung ponce around with perimeter lighting.
if the built-in decoder ain't DVB-T2, it's a waste of time in the UK
I'm not buying a new telly if its decoder will be obsolete when Freeview HD airs in the UK...
- Product round-up Ten excellent FREE PC apps to brighten your Windows
- Chromecast video on UK, Euro TVs hertz so badly it makes us judder – but Google 'won't fix'
- Analysis Pity the poor Windows developer: The tools for desktop development are in disarray
- Analysis BlackBerry's turnaround relies on a secret weapon: Its own network
- Hire and hold IT staff in 2015: The Reg's how-to guide