Feeds

back to article Lily Allen exits Twitter, bins BlackBerry

UK popstress Lily Allen will tweet no more after turning her back on Twitter and Facebook and ditching her PC, MacBook and BlackBerry, according to shocked UK news outlets. The chanteuse's last posting to Twitter was on 28 September, when she declared: "I am a neo-luddite, goodbye." Since then, she's reportedly offloaded all …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.

Page:

Happy

Yay

So we don't have to listen to the boring drivel that comes out of her speaking orifice .

Happy

...and all at once...

...the world is a slightly better place.

Paris Hilton

Is the talentless bint getting binned too?

I hope it means less publicity for her.

Welcome

WooooHooooo

Now if she just stops making comments to TV stations, news papers and celeb mags i will be the happiest person alive.

Welcome mat because there's a party at my house and everyone that doesn't like Lilly Allen is invited!

Thumb Up

I know most of you lot wouldn't...

... but I still would.

FAIL

Did anyone else notice the tumbleweed?

F*** her, the world moves on.

Coat

So that backfired on him then

He should have just dumped her, give her something to twitter about.

Grenade

Bull

LOL she wants to blame the boyfriend for her absence from the web rather than take responsability for her blabbing about her earlyer piracy practices and holding her hands up.

she couldnt be bothered to even actually research the different copywrite points of view or hold a reasoned argument against her new found yet faulty PR copywrite evandalism...

http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en&client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla%3Aen-US%3Aofficial&q=lilly+allen+site%3Ahttp%3A%2F%2Ftorrentfreak.com&btnG=Search&meta=&aq=null&oq=%22freshly+investigated+credit+report%22+filetype%3Apdf

"Yesterday it was revealed that, despite her calls for tougher anti-piracy legislation, Lily Allen herself created illicit mixtapes full of copyrighted music ..."

http://torrentfreak.com/a-brilliant-open-letter-song-to-lily-allen-on-piracy-090926/

Dan Bull's Brilliant Open Letter Song On Piracy To Lily Allen

Lily Allen Changes Tune, Now Wants To Throttle Pirates | TorrentFreak

Happy

Great

One down, a few million more to go!

Good for Lilly

I have no choice, my job requires me to have much of this, but I've found Twitter, Qetchup and other social networking sites to be a venue for huge amounts of noise that it's impossible to service.

Besides that none of them are substitutes for real life. Want to talk to a friend, go down the pub and buy them a drink, it's much more satisfying.

Alien

Marvellous

Great, she has a new boyfriend. Since most of her tracks seem to be about how bad her boyfriends are, I can't wait for her next single playing all over the radio in her iconic tuneless dirge.

I'm still waiting for the mothership to return and take the whole Allen clan back to their home planet.

Happy

Good for her!

You see these sad fucks everywhere, glued to their mobiles as they walk along the street, standing in a queue, fiddling with their phones. Trying talking to the people around you. Get a life. Twitter? sad moronic idiots following the regular outpourings of another moron. I swear that in years to come they will look back and wonder at it, just as we do with people who took radium for health benefits.

Anonymous Coward

Who?

Has she got something to do with Paul Allen?

Anonymous Coward

@Mark Talbot

Funny, I didn't even know she existed. Perhaps you didn't 'have' to listen after all? Hmm...

On a more abstract note, dropping twitter seems reasonable, but tossing the PC and cell along with it seems a bit extreme. I'm guessing that as a 'pop songstress' she's going to find those items were quite useful to her career... though if you're a really big deal I suppose you could have your agent deal with all the BS and only need one point of communication.

Stop

Listen really closely, Lily.....

... and you'll hear the sound of one and a half million people not caring!

Anonymous Coward

hmmm

the neo-conspiracy-theorist (or neo-cynicist) in me thinks the insiduos PR tentancles that tried using her, a yoof, to voice their disgust on p2p to the yoof realised the futility of Lilly Allen's meek ghetto-knightsbridge voice

Thumb Up

All I can say is...

Thanks Sam!!

Re : Mark

I haven't had to endure it ever... the only thing I've read of hers recently is the stuff on piracy, and that was because I chose to find out what she was saying.

Ahh...

I thought twitter felt better today.

...nice one

Nice news snippet to get us all talking about her.

So she's not gonna be contactable when she's out. Or able to contact anyone. A pop star. Yeah, right...

Grenade

Guess what?

Lilly Allen shut the fuck up.. and nothing of value was lost.

Law
Unhappy

One can only imagine...

... his next words after she chose him were "oh.... crap!!"

Anonymous Coward

I need a title why?

To pollute a quote:

I felt a great disturbance in the Force, as if millions of voices suddenly cried out in joy and pleasure as she was suddenly silenced. I fear something wonderful has happened.

Happy

*achem*

There really is a Santa!

wow

It seems so unlikely in this day and age

Pirate

Great...

Now how do we get the rest of the celbutards off the interweb?

And so...

Who cares?

I've never used either, should that get such publicity? Maybe it should, cause my dad once met Tony Iommi. Only slightly more tenuous than here claim to 'fame'....

FAIL

No more mixtapes?

Damn, does that mean she won't be posting any more mixtapes for us? I did so enjoy her forays into illegal file sharing.

Thumb Up

hasnt gone far enough

hopefully the no-talent bimbo will cry off microphones and cameras too, and we wont have to see or hear her ever again.

Good

Now she will have the time to learn to fucking sing

FAIL

yay!

more bandwidth left for those that know how to use it.

otherside of the coin tho, mates wife was at a birthday party, and spent the entire time sat in the corner facebooking and twittering on her laptop - about how much fun she was having at this party.

ergh. social notworking. fail.

Alert

OH NOES!

Lily Allen no longer on Twitter? I am distraught!

*disengage sarcasm mode.

letters and digits

She is quite fit tho...

Thumb Down

@Iron Oxide

Got there before me. Personnaly i think if NuLabour are going to force though laws without reviews or any sort of common sense then Twitter should be banned by law (no i don't want to know that you just made a cup of tea).

Saying that the day they switch the Orwellian inspired interweb watching machines on every single person that has a interweb connected PC should sign up to twit and just leave a book on the keyboard, should give the whole system a power test trying to record serveal million twats(?)/twits(?) (delete as appropriate) a second.

Someone remind me...

What's the point of having a mobile phone that never leaves your house?

This post has been deleted by its author

WTF?

Oh FFS

Blatant insipid publicity stunt.

I can't stand a great swathe of modern comedy but Katy Brand's send-up of Lily Allen is spot on.

"I am a neo-luddite. Goodbye."

"Good for you. Fuck off."

Silver badge
Happy

Shakespeare was ahead of his time

"For sweetest things turn sourest by their deeds;

Lilies that fester, smell far worse than weeds."

Sonnet 94

God you're all boring.

I think she's funny. At least she doesn't just comply like most artists out there, and she has her own opinions on matters and people.

(Written by Reg staff)

Re: Oh FFS

You may not like Lily Allen, but Katy Brand is absolutely awful. She has never, ever been funny for an instant.

Alert

Re: Re: Oh FFS

She would however kick your head in, I think

..or not? How hard are you Sarah?

Re: God you're all boring.

To quote Katy Brand (I think)

"Good for you. Fuck off."

Poll: What is your reaction to this 'news"?

1) Man, I don't care!!!

2) If she succeeds, so what?

3) It takes light a year to get from this news to my giving a d@mn.

4) Wild horses on their bended knees couldn't make me interested in her or this.

5) Couldn't she at least take out other media wh0res with her in collateral damage?

Anonymous Coward

Twittering has always been a fad

A fad that people are getting bored of these days.

Anonymous Coward

Dear Lily

Please now fuck off out of my life all together.

Yours

A grumpy old man

Big Brother

1 down....

6 billion to go.......

come back the 1970's all is forgiven! (cept nixon and thatcher;)

Thumb Up

I've seen

Lily Allen in her nightwear. And yes, I would.

Sim
Badgers

zen riddle

when a lily twitters in the empty forest does it make a sound?

@John Chadwick

I'm not sure who you are addressing when you say twatter isn't a substitute for a real life? Stephen Fry, Lilly Allen (most likely, I suppose), or someone not as special as them who happens to use it?

Thumb Up

Every Lily I have known...

....has been an attention-seeking, ego-centric drama queen. I don't know Allen, but she's keep the end up for sure!

Page:

This topic is closed for new posts.