I built a load of native Mac apps using PHP and Applescript as a wrapper ages ago.
Skills not required. I just love all the extra argument injection and other funny exploitable vectors opening up to mobile devices. Something for the "IT security" (really, plugging holes in swiss cheese) industry to move on to when they bore of the usual redmond fare.
What happened to the right tool for the right job?
If im writing an iPhone app I'll use Objective-C
Jeez, not everyone can be a developer!
Can not anyone provide any useful details nowadays about a product?
What does this do? generates a distributable exe file?
Native compiled? interpreted? byte-code compiled? how big are the runtimes?
The article goes like this: Incredible new framework that does wonders wrapped on a shiny box.
Sounds like a scareware scam but with developer tools.
- iPad? More like iFAD: Now we know why Apple ran off to IBM
- Apple orders huge MOUNTAIN of 80 MILLION 'Air' iPhone 6s
- +Analysis Microsoft: We're building ONE TRUE WINDOWS to rule us all
- Climate: 'An excuse for tax hikes', scientists 'don't know what they're talking about'
- Analysis Nadella: Apps must run on ALL WINDOWS – on PCs, slabs and mobes