Google says the worst of the economic meltdown is behind us. But Yahoo!'s take on the matter is a bit more guarded. After its revenues took another dip during the third quarter, dropping 12 per cent year-on-year, the best Carol Bartz and company can say is that the economy is "loosening-up a bit." Controlling more than 60 per …
"We didn't hire as quickly as we'd planned," he said, "and that contributed to about a third of the under-run. Though we would have preferred to ramp headcount at the originally forecasted past, we're taking the time to ensure we're hiring the right people in the right places."
We fired thousands of employees, last quarter, so we saved a bunch of money on salaries.
What other explanation is there?
- Review Apple takes blade to 13-inch MacBook Pro with Retina display
- Game Theory The agony and ecstasy of SteamOS: WHERE ARE MY GAMES?
- Intel's Raspberry Pi rival Galileo can now run Windows
- Microsoft and HTC are M8s again: New One mobe sports WinPhone
- Hello, police, El Reg here. Are we a bunch of terrorists now?