SGI is OEM'ing rebranded BlueArc NAS products in its InfiniteStorage line. SGI is the rebranded Rackable, which bought the failing and bankrupt Silicon Graphics Inc in May. It's a good win for BlueArc which also has Hitachi Data Systems OEM'ing the Mercury network-attached storage (NAS) products, which were announced in July. …
good for them
because their published SFS numbers for their current Infinite storage NAS box are pretty sad.
BlueArc certainly has a good NAS product line, my own problems with them have always centered around their back end storage(either LSI or HDS). I hear they are more open to other systems now, than they were last year.
I wonder if SGI's storage is any better in that respect.
- Nokia: Read our Maps, Samsung – we're HERE for the Gear
- Kaspersky backpedals on 'done nothing wrong, nothing to fear' blather
- Episode 9 BOFH: The current value of our IT ASSets? Minus eleventy-seven...
- Too slow with that iPhone refresh, Apple: Android is GOBBLING up US mobile market
- NASA to reformat Opportunity rover's memory from 125 million miles away