SGI is OEM'ing rebranded BlueArc NAS products in its InfiniteStorage line. SGI is the rebranded Rackable, which bought the failing and bankrupt Silicon Graphics Inc in May. It's a good win for BlueArc which also has Hitachi Data Systems OEM'ing the Mercury network-attached storage (NAS) products, which were announced in July. …
good for them
because their published SFS numbers for their current Infinite storage NAS box are pretty sad.
BlueArc certainly has a good NAS product line, my own problems with them have always centered around their back end storage(either LSI or HDS). I hear they are more open to other systems now, than they were last year.
I wonder if SGI's storage is any better in that respect.
- Leaked screenshots show next Windows kernel to be a perfect 10
- Product round-up Coming clean: Ten cordless vacuum cleaners
- Something for the Weekend, Sir? I need a password to BRAKE? What? No! STOP! Aaaargh!
- Episode 13 BOFH: WHERE did this 'fax-enabled' printer UPGRADE come from?
- Vulture at the Wheel Ford's B-Max: Fiesta-based runaround that goes THUNK