SGI is OEM'ing rebranded BlueArc NAS products in its InfiniteStorage line. SGI is the rebranded Rackable, which bought the failing and bankrupt Silicon Graphics Inc in May. It's a good win for BlueArc which also has Hitachi Data Systems OEM'ing the Mercury network-attached storage (NAS) products, which were announced in July. …
good for them
because their published SFS numbers for their current Infinite storage NAS box are pretty sad.
BlueArc certainly has a good NAS product line, my own problems with them have always centered around their back end storage(either LSI or HDS). I hear they are more open to other systems now, than they were last year.
I wonder if SGI's storage is any better in that respect.
- Opportunity selfie: Martian winds have given the spunky ol' rover a spring cleaning
- Spanish village called 'Kill the Jews' mulls rebranding exercise
- NASA finds first Earth-sized planet in a habitable zone around star
- Reddit users discover iOS malware threat
- Pics R.I.P. LADEE: Probe smashes into lunar surface at 3,600mph