back to article Beeb's Carla Bruni coverage hits rock bottom

Those of you who may have inadvertantly stumbled into Bootnotes looking for world-class coverage of Google's Android are advised to leave immediately, because what we have here is a classic example of when RSS feeds go bad. Why Carla Bruni does anal... explains BBC RSS feed Yes indeed, we're obliged today to reader Jonathon …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
Silver badge
Headmaster

<schoolboyhat>

Hahahahahaha

</schoolboyhat>

TeeHee

That is all.

Anonymous Coward

Which is funnier?

"Those of you who may have inadvertantly stumbled into Bootnotes looking for world-class coverage of Google's Android"

Or Carla Bruni, undeterred burglar.

Silver badge
Welcome

Immaculately Dumbfounded

For once I am extraordinarily rendered beautifully speechless.

Bronze badge
Coat

I think she got a bum deal.

The BBC should stop arsing about, get to the bottom of the problem and we can all put it behind us.

Thumb Up

Analysis

I'm guessing the article concerned CB's behaviour during sessions with her shrink: - "No couch potato - why Carla Bruni does analysis standing up"

Ob. offering:- Following her sensational vist to a town in Northern England the following title was accidentally truncated: - "Exciting views of Carla Bruni Scunthorpe trip"

Now I'm stuck for choice between Paris and another icon. I say "sod Paris.." No, wait...

Paris Hilton

truncation is hilarious

If I have enough tabs open on Firefox while I'm checking my web site stats, the tabs say 'Google Anal'.

The programme guide on my digibox truncates as well - there was a show on once called "I Own Britain's Best Ho'

Reminds me of

an unusual BBC recipe: http://www.bbc.co.uk/food/recipes/database/carrotsglazedwithcum_80467.shtml

On the BBC World service

there is a programme called "Analysis" which, due to it's short duration, appears in abridged form on the Virgin electronic programme guide.

neb
Happy

i am happier now...

...than the last time i farted and followed through

go on, pull my finger

Gold badge
Coat

"...when RSS feeds go bad."

So this little gag's all down to RSS-banditry then?

Joke

Re: Reminds me of

Karl Dane> "

an unusual BBC recipe: http://www.bbc.co.uk/food/recipes/database/carrotsglazedwithcum_80467.shtml

"

Given that it turns out to be cumin and orange, I suppose it is unusual for one of Heston's!

Thumb Up

Ah yes

+10 points for making me read the Oxo Tower thread again.

Silver badge
FAIL

Mr

Reminds me of the servers in my last job.

Yonks back, they didn't have a tcp/ip network but statically configured bridged oslan, so to allow travelling staff to access their server offsite, the local servers would be preconfigured with a bunch of login-id's that did nothing but connect them to their server.

One server was called 'arsenic' and the finger information set to "remote login to arsenic" - however, the finger command truncated that - you'd often login to the server, do a 'finger' and see many people logged in doing remote login to arse.

Happy

And it's not even Friday

New keyboard Please!

Fnarr, Fnarr!

Bronze badge
Happy

Chortling thanks

...for the "taking her up the OXO Tower" line!

A new one on me, but rest assured it's now been filed away in my lexicon of filthy euphemisms.. ;-)

Boffin

In my Uni days.....

..... I did a course called "Analytical Chemistry".......

Anonymous Coward

On my wife's laptop...

...I was regularly reading articles on hardcoregaming101.com... whose title, conveniently, was truncated in the task bar to "Hardcore Ga..."

Silver badge

What's on's Chum/Bait.

"In my Uni days......... I did a course called "Analytical Chemistry"......." ....By Scott 26 Posted Thursday 15th October 2009 19:15 GMT

Alimentary Wizardry, Scott 26.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Forums