It had to happen: WhipTail has worked out you'll get more data in an SSD if you compress it, and the company is working with Exar to do exactky this. WhipTail is going to integrate Exar’s Hifn BitWackr hardware deduplication and compression product into its solid state drive (SSD) appliances. With this addition of deduplication …
I wonder when...
my SSD microcontroller will actually trump my netbook cpu in terms of raw grunt.
Re: I wonder when..
It will not...
Unless you want the bit where the SSD is housed to burn a hole in your pants.
TANSTAAFL. There ain't such thing as a free lunch. Or CPU cycle for that matter.
- DAYS from end of life as we know it: Boffins tell of solar storm near-miss
- Put down that Oracle database patch: It could cost $23,000 per CPU
- The END of the FONDLESLAB KINGS? Apple and Samsung have reason to FEAR
- Pics It's Google HQ - the British one: Reg man snaps covert shots INSIDE London offices
- Bose says today IS F*** With Dre Day: Beats sued in patent battle