It had to happen: WhipTail has worked out you'll get more data in an SSD if you compress it, and the company is working with Exar to do exactky this. WhipTail is going to integrate Exar’s Hifn BitWackr hardware deduplication and compression product into its solid state drive (SSD) appliances. With this addition of deduplication …
I wonder when...
my SSD microcontroller will actually trump my netbook cpu in terms of raw grunt.
Re: I wonder when..
It will not...
Unless you want the bit where the SSD is housed to burn a hole in your pants.
TANSTAAFL. There ain't such thing as a free lunch. Or CPU cycle for that matter.
- Oh noes, fanbois! iPhone 6 Plus shipments 'DELAYED' in the UK
- The sound of silence: One excited atom is so quiet that the human ear cannot detect it
- Bloat-free, unlocked Moto X to be dubbed 'Pure Edition', says report
- In a spin: Samsung accuses LG exec of washing machine SABOTAGE
- Feature Be your own Big Brother: Monitoring your manor, the easy way