It had to happen: WhipTail has worked out you'll get more data in an SSD if you compress it, and the company is working with Exar to do exactky this. WhipTail is going to integrate Exar’s Hifn BitWackr hardware deduplication and compression product into its solid state drive (SSD) appliances. With this addition of deduplication …
I wonder when...
my SSD microcontroller will actually trump my netbook cpu in terms of raw grunt.
Re: I wonder when..
It will not...
Unless you want the bit where the SSD is housed to burn a hole in your pants.
TANSTAAFL. There ain't such thing as a free lunch. Or CPU cycle for that matter.
- +Analysis Microsoft: We're making ONE TRUE WINDOWS to rule us all
- Climate: 'An excuse for tax hikes', scientists 'don't know what they're talking about'
- Analysis Nadella: Apps must run on ALL WINDOWS – PCs, slabs and mobes
- Apple: We'll unleash OS X Yosemite beta on the MASSES July 24
- Yorkshire cops fail to grasp principle behind BT Fon Wi-Fi network