It had to happen: WhipTail has worked out you'll get more data in an SSD if you compress it, and the company is working with Exar to do exactky this. WhipTail is going to integrate Exar’s Hifn BitWackr hardware deduplication and compression product into its solid state drive (SSD) appliances. With this addition of deduplication …
I wonder when...
my SSD microcontroller will actually trump my netbook cpu in terms of raw grunt.
Re: I wonder when..
It will not...
Unless you want the bit where the SSD is housed to burn a hole in your pants.
TANSTAAFL. There ain't such thing as a free lunch. Or CPU cycle for that matter.
- Vid Hubble 'scope snaps 200,000-ton chunky crumble conundrum
- Bugger the jetpack, where's my 21st-century Psion?
- Google offers up its own Googlers in cloud channel chumship trawl
- Interview Global Warming IS REAL, argues sceptic mathematician - it just isn't THERMAGEDDON
- Windows 8.1 Update 1 spewed online a MONTH early – by Microsoft