It had to happen: WhipTail has worked out you'll get more data in an SSD if you compress it, and the company is working with Exar to do exactky this. WhipTail is going to integrate Exar’s Hifn BitWackr hardware deduplication and compression product into its solid state drive (SSD) appliances. With this addition of deduplication …
I wonder when...
my SSD microcontroller will actually trump my netbook cpu in terms of raw grunt.
Re: I wonder when..
It will not...
Unless you want the bit where the SSD is housed to burn a hole in your pants.
TANSTAAFL. There ain't such thing as a free lunch. Or CPU cycle for that matter.
- YARR! Pirates walk the plank: DMCA magnets sink in Google results
- Pics Whisper tracks its users. So we tracked down its LA office. This is what happened next
- Review Xperia Z3: Crikey, Sony – ANOTHER flagship phondleslab?
- OnePlus One cut-price Android phone on sale to all... for 1 HOUR
- UNIX greybeards threaten Debian fork over systemd plan