Feeds

back to article Google fixes SMS crashing bug in mobile OS

Google last week updated its Android mobile phone software, following the discovery of a potentially nasty pair of denial of service bugs. The first of the two bugs creates a means for hackers to kick an Android phone off a mobile network and force a restart via a malformed SMS message. Dodgy text would contain a badly formatted …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
Go

Probably irrelevant

...as Voda are rolling out Donut (1.6), which has this fix in it, starting next week. So within a fortnight, all standard handsets will have been patched.

Oh, and "Android's (vulnerable) Dalvik API" is a bit of a loaded statement! Let's hope nobody takes that out of context, eh?

Paris Hilton

Not just a big fix update

But a nicer Camera interface - easier to switch to video, amongst other things - and a nice little applet in Settings, About to see what aspects of the phone have been using the most power.

Just curious - is this the same (type) of exploit that affected iPhones a while back?

Paris - we all remember her Sidekick incident, I'm sure...

FAIL

Pity my headset doesn't work anymore.

Just like they broke it with 1.5 (Cupcake) and I had to get a widget off the market to fix that. Now the widget doesn't work anymore with 1.6 (Donut). No more music for me.

Pint

Hope it fixes youtube search too

Well the last patch busted the search in my youtube app on my HTC Magic G2, so I hope Donut fixes that as well. Pity because it was good before... And a bluetooth API would be nice...

This topic is closed for new posts.