Access to the 10,000 compromised Hotmail accounts at the centre of a high profile breach might be obtained for as little as $90 on the black market. Rik Ferguson, a security researcher at Trend Micro, argues that the importance of the online publication of 10,000 Live ID login credentials on developer website PasteBin.com and …
one good thing..
...is that people are changing their password. Even the wife changed her easy to guess one (it was classed as weak by Hotmail), to something better.
a colleague has had his WoW account hacked, due to keylogging trojan after his hotmail account was compromised. so there you are. Not phishing as such, trojan....
He now has better virusscan cover. (it was a spare machine with no scanner)
Get a Mac
1. Get a Mac - no viruses or bullshit trojans.
2. Choose a proper password you morons not 'password' or '123456'
Re: Get a Mac
Yes, because there are no attacks against Macs at all, and because Macs are immune to phishing. All praise the wondrous Macintosh!
- Does Apple's iOS 7 make you physically SICK? Try swallowing version 7.1
- Fee fie Firefox: Mozilla's lawyers probe Dell over browser install charge
- Pics Indestructible Death Stars blow up planets with glowing KILL RAY
- Hands on Satisfy my scroll: El Reg gets claws on Windows 8.1 spring update
- Video Snowden: You can't trust SPOOKS with your DATA