back to article Adobe steps on developer toes (again)

Adobe's Shibuya project, enabling AIR developers to charge for their applications, has upset at least one developer: the chap who had already launched the same thing commercially. Shibuya is Adobe's toolkit for creating revenue-generating AIR applications. Developers drop in a few lines of code and a button appears allowing …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

just one reason to develop open source..

... at least you know where the lack any money comes from rather than finding you are still too poor to sue MS (.NET) or Adobe (AIR) or Apple (iPhone app) etc etc.

Any dev who thinks that a large company will have any issue with steam rollering them and their idea is a fool.

2. This post has been deleted by its author

3. Adam T
    Paris Hilton

Does anybody use AIR?

I didn't even realise it was used by enough people to be monetised.

I tried it once, and decided it was pointless. Adobe lost the plot ages ago, and they've never really been an innovative company anyway - Photoshop, Photoshop, Photoshop, Photoshop, Photoshop (replace with preferred product).... that's their release schedule, that is.

So it's no surprise they'll wee on someone else's parade.

Paris, because even she knows not to pay for the same shit over and over again.

4. lpopman
    Big Brother

@Adam T

Off the top of my head....

The BBC (Quite a major player in the media market, I'm sure you will agree) uses AIR for it's iPlayer service, as it is cross platform, and has the DRM thing built in..

Big Brother icon because of the DRM shite....

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like