The host of a hit Brazilian TV crime show has disappeared after being stripped of the political immunity which prevented him being arrested on charges of arranging hits to boost his show's ratings. Former police officer Wallace Souza fronted Canal Livre, in which he "railed against rampant crime". So popular was the show that …
A man hunted and alone...
...presumably accompanied only by a camera crew, lighting team and makeup artist?
Be a tragic waste not to get at least one season out of his life as a fugitive, after all.
Why road blocks in Manaus?
Surely you need river blockades, as he slips away by boat.
I he has a Death Squad
...then he has safe houses and various minions to call upon in time of need. Getting Bin Laden must be easier.
Presumption of innocence
Describing him is Murderous when he's not yet been charged - let alone tried - does seems to have abandoned any idea of balance or the presumption of innocence in favour of a lurid headline.
But, of course, it's the Register.
They could make a crime show series out of this...
This guy is a very good example of an extreme Narcissistic Personality Disorder (NPD).
(1) He's got a total lack of empathy for his victims.
(2) He's manipulated himself into a situation where the killings are used for self gain to boost his show and gains again from eliminating his rivals.
(3) He's manipulating viewers of his show by pretending to be a concerned host talking about crime when he is the criminal!
(4) He has even used his position to get himself a powerful political job.
(5) I strongly suspect he even enjoyed parading his dead victims on TV ... NPD's this extreme want to show they have power over others and so he probably loved being the host of the show in control, parading his work in front of everyone, (thereby repeatedly proving to himself he had power over others to lie to everyone and so manipulate everyone), all the while knowing he was behind the deaths he was showing!.
Thats a truly sick individual. Behaving like the charismatic show host is all part of the deceptive manipulation of others. So we have a self interested, charismatic, greedy, manipulative Narcissistic with a total lack of empathy for his opponents. Wow he has every characteristic he needs to make it as a great politician!. He could go far with an attitude like that.
so just your average politician then? ;-)
He is just stupid to get caught
During the Balkan wars we always knew where the next conflict will be. It was going be where the the CNN team has arrived a week ago.
Correlation does not equal causation... Or does it?
This story reminded me of Drop The Dead Donkey and Damien Day for some reason.
"His lawyer has been in touch and he is looking for a way to turn himself in."
Perhaps he should try walking into a Police Station...?
It was the LAWYER that was trying to turn himself in :)
@ Presumption of innocence
Yes, I can really see those 12 angry Amazonians in the jury being swayed by the tabloid headlines of a UK IT website.
pointless text field
banned from running for office for 8 years!?
@Sir Runcible Spoon
"banned from running for office for 8 years!?"
Yup. In Brazil, when you get removed from a political position because of doing something wrong, you get stripped of "political rights" for 8 years. (said rights meaning holding office, although I think the person may still vote, but I don't know the details)
We impeached a corrupt President (Collor) in the 1990s, and after his eight year ban he came back to politics. In the meantime, one of his minions who used to control the money got "suicidated" with his girlfriend (they said she killed him and then committed suicide, but the investigation is reported by some to have been sketchy). Collor got elected by his state (shameful Alagoas) to the Senate, and is now powerful again.
Sad, but true.
Paris because she knows all about a brazilian
RE: He is just stupid to get caught
No! No! No! the Americans have top secrete spy satellite images showing that the soldiers where sent there in a card box by <insert name of world leader who won't do what he/she is told here>.
You can see the pictures here
Of course the Russians will claim they have photos that show otherwise but you can't trust them commies......
- Infosec geniuses hack a Canon PRINTER and install DOOM
- Feature Be your own Big Brother: Monitoring your manor, the easy way
- Boffins say they've got Lithium batteries the wrong way around
- In a spin: Samsung accuses LG exec of washing machine SABOTAGE
- Phones 4u slips into administration after EE cuts ties with Brit mobe retailer