Archaeologists say they have discovered a new kind of tyrannosaurus, very different to the big bruiser tyrannosaurs already well known. The new dino was slim, light on its feet, horny and partial to meat, according to the boffins. A altai, the new horny lightweight tyrannosaur. Credit: Jason Brougham Scientist's impression of …
That's a lot less than half the size of a normal T.Rex.
Puny 800 pounds Tyrannosaurus
I don't think I'ld call it puny to its face, especially if I was standing (running) in front of it.
By the way, 800lb is about 363kg which is therefore about 0.363 metric tons whereas a Tyrannosaurus rex is in the range of upto 5-6 tons!
That makes Tyrannosaurus Rex about 16 times more scary than Mr Puny (although I suspect scary should be a logarithmic scale ;)
No, scary is some kind of parabola... there is a limit to how scared you can be (mouth dry - check, cold sweat - check, trembling - check, distressing bowel movements - check) and a large enough tyrannosaur isn't scary at all, because you're too tiny to bother eating.
I for one welcome our new horny ballerina masters.
is this the one
Is this the skeleton they are returning that was snuck out of the area and whisked overseas by unscrupulous collectors? Just wondering...seems that story made the rounds a few weeks ago.
Why am I imagining a dinosaur in a tu-tu? Oh, wait, that's just Barney....
- Vid Antarctic ice THICKER than first feared – penguin-bot boffins
- Hi-torque tank engines: EXTREME car hacking with The Register
- Review What's MISSING on Amazon Fire Phone... and why it WON'T set the world alight
- Antique Code Show World of Warcraft then and now: From Orcs and Humans to Warlords of Draenor
- Product round-up Trousers down for six of the best affordable Androids