Used or abused partners now have a new source of help, thanks to Nokia, which has launched a handset for victims of domestic violence. Nokia_2705_01 A domestic violence helpline number is pre-programmed into Nokia's 2705 The 2705 Shade has the telephone number of the National Domestic Violence Hotline (NDVH) pre-programmed …
UK.gov first in line?
I can see these being quite popular in Downing Street. Do they auto-dial when they detect having been bounced off a ministerial aide's head?
A lovely present for your wife or girlfriend to remind them that while it is good to talk, everything is best done in moderation.
The market will kill this thing
What a waste of plastic. The free market will see this concept flushed down the crapper. Oh, wait, that's right, our governments engage in protectionism for favored ideas and products!
It sounds like a gimmick to me but I suppose it could be useful to victims of domestic violence.
However does the number get stored on the last dialled numbers?, if so that's an issue that needs to be addressed as the victim's phone could be checked by the abuser.
- Comment Renewable energy 'simply WON'T WORK': Top Google engineers
- Leaked screenshots show next Windows kernel to be a perfect 10
- Amazon warming up 'cheapo web vid' cannon to SINK Netflix
- Windows Phone will snatch biz No 2 spot from Android – analyst
- Something for the Weekend, Sir? I need a password to BRAKE? What? No! STOP! Aaaargh!