Amazon has juiced its Big-Data-crunching Elastic MapReduce service, announcing support for Hive, the SQL-like query engine for the open-source Hadoop platform that underpins the service. Hadoop mimics the GFS and MapReduce platforms that drive Google's back-end infrastructure, and with Elastic MapReduce, Amazon sits the open …
Does anyone understand any of this?http://www.theregister.co.uk/Design/graphics/icons/comment/wtf_32.png
At least I do understand that sometimes these things break and the consequences can affect a lot of people - like those of us with projects housed at the otherwise wonderful http://bitbucket.org/ as at Friday/Saturday oct 3 - it's down with a bad case of missingness.
- Review This is why we CAN have nice things: Samsung Galaxy Alpha
- Ex-Soviet engines fingered after Antares ROCKET launch BLAST
- Hate the BlackBerry Z10 and Passport? How about this dusty old flashback instead?
- NASA: Spacecraft crash site FOUND ON MOON RIM
- Apple spent just ONE DOLLAR beefing up the latest iPad Air 2