Amazon has juiced its Big-Data-crunching Elastic MapReduce service, announcing support for Hive, the SQL-like query engine for the open-source Hadoop platform that underpins the service. Hadoop mimics the GFS and MapReduce platforms that drive Google's back-end infrastructure, and with Elastic MapReduce, Amazon sits the open …
Does anyone understand any of this?http://www.theregister.co.uk/Design/graphics/icons/comment/wtf_32.png
At least I do understand that sometimes these things break and the consequences can affect a lot of people - like those of us with projects housed at the otherwise wonderful http://bitbucket.org/ as at Friday/Saturday oct 3 - it's down with a bad case of missingness.
- Updated Hidden network packet sniffer in MILLIONS of iPhones, iPads – expert
- Students hack Tesla Model S, make all its doors pop open IN MOTION
- BBC goes offline in MASSIVE COCKUP: Stephen Fry partly muzzled
- PROOF the Apple iPhone 6 rumor mill hype-gasm has reached its logical conclusion
- US judge: YES, cops or feds so can slurp an ENTIRE Gmail account