Amazon has juiced its Big-Data-crunching Elastic MapReduce service, announcing support for Hive, the SQL-like query engine for the open-source Hadoop platform that underpins the service. Hadoop mimics the GFS and MapReduce platforms that drive Google's back-end infrastructure, and with Elastic MapReduce, Amazon sits the open …
Does anyone understand any of this?http://www.theregister.co.uk/Design/graphics/icons/comment/wtf_32.png
At least I do understand that sometimes these things break and the consequences can affect a lot of people - like those of us with projects housed at the otherwise wonderful http://bitbucket.org/ as at Friday/Saturday oct 3 - it's down with a bad case of missingness.
- Analysis iPhone 6: The final straw for Android makers eaten alive by the data parasite?
- First Crack Man buys iPHONE 6 and DROPS IT to SMASH on PURPOSE
- First Fondle Reg journo battles Sydney iPHONE queue, FONDLES BIG 'UN
- TOR users become FBI's No.1 hacking target after legal power grab
- Vid Reg bloke zips through an iPHONE 6 queue from ZERO to 60 SECONDS