Amazon has juiced its Big-Data-crunching Elastic MapReduce service, announcing support for Hive, the SQL-like query engine for the open-source Hadoop platform that underpins the service. Hadoop mimics the GFS and MapReduce platforms that drive Google's back-end infrastructure, and with Elastic MapReduce, Amazon sits the open …
Does anyone understand any of this?http://www.theregister.co.uk/Design/graphics/icons/comment/wtf_32.png
At least I do understand that sometimes these things break and the consequences can affect a lot of people - like those of us with projects housed at the otherwise wonderful http://bitbucket.org/ as at Friday/Saturday oct 3 - it's down with a bad case of missingness.
- Opportunity selfie: Martian winds have given the spunky ol' rover a spring cleaning
- Spanish village called 'Kill the Jews' mulls rebranding exercise
- NASA finds first Earth-sized planet in a habitable zone around star
- New Facebook phone app allows you to stalk your mates
- Battle of the Linux clouds! Linode DOUBLES RAM to take on Digital Ocean