Former MySQL boss Marten Mickos, who left the free-database outfit just over a year after its acquisition by Sun Microsystems, has enrolled in a venture capital foster home for between-job entrepreneurs. Mickos has been hired by the Silicon Valley VC firm, Benchmark Capital, as an "Entrepreneur in Residence." Benchmark describes …
Innovative people need to move from time-to-time. This is good news for the entire industry.
Did penguins make him or....
Seems to me Jonathan Schwartz "made him" by taking one billion hard earned dollars of Sun employee and shareholder cash and giving it to a very small group of individuals, who did their absolute minimum agreed to stint at Sun, bad mouthed their benefactor (and thus all hard working Sun employees in the process), and laughed all the way to the bank. I can't really blame them. We now see them popping up, in some cases, directly competing with the bill of goods they sold to Jonathan. Just one of the many career highlights of the esteemed Mr. Schwartz.
"I'd like to take this oppty to thank all MySQL dolphins, past and present. You made me what I am today," Mickos wrote
ie "Thank you serfs for making me very rich" .. very "dogbert CEO" wagging tail
- Reddit users discover iOS malware threat
- Pics R.I.P. LADEE: Probe smashes into lunar surface at 3,600mph
- Google lets wannabe Glass Explorers ADMIRE THEMSELVES in their own mirrors
- Leaked photos may indicate slimmer next-generation iPad
- Liftoff! SpaceX Falcon 9 lifts Dragon on third resupply mission to ISS