A Democratic Republic of Congo army major has been suspended after inviting rebels for a few liveners at his base - hours before they rather churlishly repaid his hospitality by torching part of the facility. According to Bloomberg, Major Leon downed a couple of jars with members of the Resistance of Congolese Patriots, aka …
This business all seems a little bit 'Judean Peoples Front/Peoples Front of Judea'.
Only not as funny.
Age old method...
Looks like the old "get them round, feed them, get them pissed then stab 'em in the nadgers" ploy didn't quite work then...
Note to Americans: The Nadgers - small range of mountains just south of the equator.
What a waste
I was born near there, on the Rwandese side... I grew up a few miles from Goma and the Zaire border (it was called that back then).
Not that it does much good, but I always wish that peace could somehow break out... Such beautiful countryside destroyed. So many lives wasted. And no real reason to even have a border there aside from politics, same tribes, same families, same culture...
- Top Gear Tigers and Bingo Boilers: Farewell then, Phones4U
- Breaking Fad 4K-ing excellent TV is on its way ... in its own sweet time, natch
- First Irish boy band U2. Now Apple pushes ANOTHER thing into iPhones, iPods, iPads
- Updated iOS 8 Healthkit gets a bug SO Apple KILLS it. That's real healthcare!
- Stephen Pie iPhone 6: Most exquisite MOBILE? NO, it's the Most Exquisite THING. EVER