Feeds

back to article Bletchley Park earns first ever lottery grant

Bletchley Park earned its first ever national lottery grant on Monday with an award of £460,000 to fund long term development work. The wartime code-breaking centre also won the chance to submit more detailed plans and apply for £4.1m of Heritage Lottery Fund support within the next two years. The lottery funding is needed to …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
Happy

Well Done Camelot

They should get all the cash they need :)

Silver badge

Good good

Keep it coming.

About bloody time

Heritage Lottery are one of most anal grant making bodies in the UK.

About time too

Good to see grant money put to such good use :D

Thumb Up

English Heritage/National Trust

I'm surprised that neither of these have taken it on, though I guess Bletchley Park may be choosing to remain independent.

Still, at least the Lottery are spending money on worthwhile things.

Thumb Up

Yay !

That is all.

Thumb Up

Brilliant

Lottery money heading in the right direction for once.

Now if only they could get the Enigma-cracking machines predicting lottery results ;)

Big Brother

Censors Remote

i suppose if anyone can, Bletchley Park will be the ones to break the complex structure of extracting money from the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Maybe they should set up a sideline that could be quite prifitable, claiming grants from the Heritage Lottery Fund on behalf of others !!!

BB because "Erectness Room" (an)

Headmaster

@Absent

I had to read that several times...without a "-" in "grant-making" I felt like you were implying something else about them...

About time

It stinks that 90% of lottery funding goes on "art projects" which offer no value and that no one other than an extremely small niche of the population actually give a damn about.

It's about time lottery money went on something wortwhile.

Headmaster

@Absent

I had to read that several times...without a "-" in "Anal-grant" I felt like you were implying something else about them...

Yes they are poo!

Silver badge

Re: Censors Remote

.... By Anonymous Coward Posted Tuesday 29th September 2009 11:00 GMT

What an XXXXCellent Program for Bletchley Boffinry to Control Virtually Currency ,AC, with ITs Banking Troll Tool. .... Fiscal FireArms for Alms.

Thumb Up

Hoorah

I shall wear my El Reg - Enigma T-Shirt with pride today.

MJI
Silver badge
Thumb Up

Other heritage

I have found loads of worthwhile projects, depends on what your definition of worthwhile is?

The Vulcan had HLF support, so do a lot of preserved railways - all goods things for me.

Anyway well done Bletchly

FAIL

For smart people they sure act dumb

To get lottery funding from these metrosexual political animals you likely have to send in blurb ticking all the boxes using the right buzzwords.

It's simply not enough to be deserving and part of our heritage.

Probable buzzwords to include traveller, inclusivity, diversity, multi-faith, etc.

Simples!

WTF?

good to see amanfrommars out of rehab

haven't seen those nonsense comments for a while, back living in the barn are we derek?

Thumb Up

OMG!

It seems that signing a petition actually works sometimes.

Tight wads

Government too mean to donate again?

Anonymous Coward

More awards like this please.

As Ian 11 said.

Bloody über PC correct Lottery HQ tossers in the main.

This topic is closed for new posts.