Yahoo! has released the first volley in its $100m ad campaign: a TV ad that explores new frontiers in oversaturated colors and multi-culti jollity. But calling the company's "Y!ou" brand-refresh effort a mere ad campaign doesn't do it justice, says Elisa Steele, Yahoo! EVP and marketing chieftain. "This is much more than an …
"I'd like to buy the world a Yahoo"......
Which agency is still doing rubbish 1970's "I'd like to buy the world a Coke" advertising like this ?
Does anyone else find it creepy that the light writing around 0:49/0:50 clearly spells out "God"?
Any agency will do anything that the company wants. Just look at the Microsoft arse-wiggle ads.
Besides, the nostalgia angle might work. The only reasons to use Ya-who is because your grandpappy did and you are still using some old yahoo groups.
"This is much more than an advertising campaign. It’s about how Yahoo! delivers its promise to the market in everything we do."
Google Translate Marketese -> English
"This is an advertising campaign. It’s about Yahoo!'s products."
Including an exclamation mark after every work - so farking funny!
- DINO-SLAYER asteroid strike was a stroke of bad luck, say boffins
- BEST BATTERY EVER: All lithium, all the time, plus a dash of carbon nano-stuff
- Stick a 4K in them: Super high-res TVs are DONE
- Review You didn't get the MeMO? Asus Pad 7 Android tab is ... not bad
- Russia: There is a SPACECRAFT full of LIZARDS in orbit above Earth and WE control it