Off we shuffle to the Reg Library for our occasional trawl through the whitepaper section. This week we present a couple of reports that shed light on heat and power in the data center. It may be too late for the data centers you are operating today, but we think both paper will stimulate thinking for those planning new data …
APC can provide this kind of modularization..
surprising, isn't it? *G*
You can buy gas powered fridges, they burn gas and somehow this drives a heat exchanger
Could you use the servers heat to power its aircon?
The hotter it gets the more heat it pumps away
Another idea is SOB, or System On a Brick, all your servers would be on the outside wall, if you needed more you could pop down B&Q
Web 3.0 people could choose wireless mortar
- It's true, the START MENU is coming BACK to Windows 8, hiss sources
- iSPY: Apple Stores switch on iBeacon phone sniff spy system
- Chinese gamer plays on while BMW burns to the ground
- Pic NASA Mars tank Curiosity rolls on old WET PATCH, sighs, sniffs for life signs
- How UK air traffic control system was caught asleep on the job