A “virtual census” of videogame characters has concluded that the industry is unfairly biased towards white, adult males. In what’s thought to be the first analysis of its kind, researcher Dmitri Williams from the University of Southern California – with help from Indiana University and the Virginia Polytechnic Institute – …
I imagine the Wii balances a lot of this out - good ol' Nintendo!
I can only think of a few games released with black playable characters. San Andreas, Bad Boys II, 50 Cent x2, I did have another one but Ive forgot!
Anyone else think of any?
Kids in video games?
I thought we were all going to be sent to jail for that sort of thing.
Especially where the clothing in some of these contemporary games or "sports" activities is like a fence. It protects the property but does nothing to obscure the view.
well, since the heavy majority of games are made in predominantly white countries what do you expect? should i be forced to make a game featuring an old indian woman as the main character?
remember that japan makes lots of games but rarely make their own characters oriental looking. as they find white guys more exotic or something.
its like me moaning that white men arent very well represented in Burka Today magazine....
another none news story!
% of elderly gamers (less than 1% at a guess)
% of SERIOUS female gamers (less than 10%??)
- NASA boffin: RIDDLE of odd BULGE FOUND on MOON is SOLVED
- Pic Mars rover 2020: Oxygen generation and 6 more amazing experiments
- Microsoft's Euro cloud darkens: US FEDS can dig into foreign servers
- Boffins spot weirder quantum capers as neutrons take the high road, spin takes the low
- Plug and PREY: Hackers reprogram USB drives to silently infect PCs