Microsoft plans to fold four new technologies into its Dynamics AX resource planning software platform, after acquiring a quartet of small companies. The vendor announced yesterday it had bought a handful of "industry solutions" that it said would bulk out its MS Dynamics AX product that's aimed at the enterprise market. …
Another Cut & Paste MS offering
I marketed both Great Plains and the Scandinavian product in the UK pre-MS merger. Funny but when they merged into MS people became *very* much less interested in the idea. It seemed that (for some reason) they did not quite trust the outfit that messed up their email, spreadsheets and documents to mess up their core business as well.
So now they will smear these other items into the mix.
ERP is a field where people know there is more to the universe than MS, and have been using it for a long time.
The Bald one should prepare for some pain.
Would have been better off fixing the stuff they already had!
Instead of spending money beefing up MS Dynamics AX (their high end offering) they should be fixing the bugs in the stuff they already own. The Intrastat routines in MS Dynamics GP (bread and butter offering) have been broken since V6.0 - and they are still broken in V.10 six years later! I don't think they mention this in the sales pitch however - just has a tick box that says it records Intrastat records - it omits to mention it does them badly/wrong!
SAP is eating Microsofts breakfast, lunch and dinner! (NT)
- JLaw, Kate Upton exposed in celeb nude pics hack
- Google flushes out users of old browsers by serving up CLUNKY, AGED version of search
- GCHQ protesters stick it to British spooks ... by drinking urine
- China: You, Microsoft. Office-Windows 'compatibility'. You have 20 days to explain
- Something for the Weekend, Sir? If you think 3D printing is just firing blanks, just you wait